Lipscomb v. Alcoa

bluestang

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty obvious from the start that Alcoa needed something good to happen to be able to stay with DL. It didn't. Alcoa had turnovers, mistakes in the punting game, dropped passes, and failed to stop DL when they got them in 3rd and long. DL probably would have won anyway but I would have liked to have seen Alcoa give them a better game.

DL was obviously well prepared and basically executed everything they attempted. The screens that Alcoa used so well in the past couple of games also didn't work because DL read them and stopped Lindsey before he could get started. I personally like the way DL ran on and off the field and from the huddle to the line of scrimmage. I guess I'm what they call 'Old School' but I hate to see people walking around on a football field.

Alcoa had a good year and I hope they can capitalize on the obvious potential they have in a very talented group of freshmen and sophomores. Good luck to Lipscomb in the finals.

How is it one-sided? You know, I went to a public school and I used to hate private schools, but now I see, that none of them recruit. I used to hate BBS but now I see they got their by working hard. We got to the quarters both my jr. and sr. year by working hard. You think Lipscomb might have just out worked you? Congrats to Alcoa on a great season. Better luck next year.