Is McMinn's "The Juice" the best in SE TN?

atn301

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have personal experience gaurding this little boy you call "the juice." He is no more than a little boy. That is why he quit football. He is a weak child that will not amount to much more than a little cardboard carton of "juice."

While I admit my experience was when he played receiver, he caught one ball (while not being gaurded by me), and it was not for more than 10 yards. Yeah, i'm not stupid, I know this is basketball, but he is not strong, and that transends sports. He will be shut down if he goes up against a stronger (even smaller) player.

you probably was a freshman bench warmer also because no punk could guard him

Do you guys feel like you have to continuously talk about Jujuan on here. Jujuan (or as you call him ,"the juice") is one of the best players to ever come out of McMinn. But how many times has he led his team to the state (like Macmahan did) or even out of the region for that matter. Someone once said "there is no I in the word TEAM. All the posters on here talking only about Jujuan need to see the full picture and not just the "I". Jujuan needs to be concentrating on his grades. It is nice to be a good ball player, but Jujuan is no Lebron James. He will not go straight to the NBA, so he needs to look for a college. I see him going NAIA or JUCO simply because the kid cannot make the grades or the score on the ACT. Is he good enough at basketball to play at a D1 school? I think so, but will he? I think not. maybe instead of posting on here all the time about himself, he should be studying.

man, all he did was say he didnt see what the big deal was with jujuan smith. why do you have to make it a personal affront to you? we killed mcminn that year, then got beaten by riverdale... those are the facts, but if you are going to talk trash about us for getting beaten by riverdale imagine what would have happened to mcminn seeing as we thrashed yall so thoroughly... oh, and yes Ooltewah did have a bad season this year but seeing has how they are all soph's and Juniors I would guess theyll do some things next year...but then again this is a basketball board, so what say we keep it on subject from here on out... I personally believe JuJuan SMith is the best Basketball player in East Tennessee, however some will say he isn't, its a message board we are allowed opinions...

To clear up 2002's football season (one last time). We beat you the first meeting we faced you that year and lost BARELY the last time we faced you guys ( I failed to mention the only way you won was because we had our 3 best players out). Anyways, back to basketball. I just want to say everyone from Ooltewah is jealous of Jajuans talents and your never going to amount to anything later on in life. Your school seriously has some of the biggest smart A's in the country and I hope your proud of yourself. Ooltewah can't back up anything they say so im tired of arguing with ya. Go Tribe!

I think you have the 2 games from teh 2002 season mixed up.... the first game yall won during the regular season by a score of 14-13(or something really close) and the seond game(state quarterfinals) yall scored the first Touchdown of the game and then Ooltewah reeled off 51 unanswered points....final score 51-7 and your punks in the stands started stealing our fans stuff so we sent 2 freshmen girls to get it back(chaucer/proffitt) and they did... also, Ooltewah does talk alot of trash but thats just the way we get down, its fun. and weve had better basketball players at Ooltewah than JuJuan Smith(heck Richard Cotton's not even the best ever at Ooltewah and he was better than JuJuan) were better in baseball, basketball, girls soccer(sometimes boys not last year though), volleyball, softball, yall have us beat in football but heck yalls school has more people so you should be better...Fact is McMinn talks plenty of trash as well, however theyre not exactly backing it up all the time themselves...by the way, sometimes its just fun to talk smack to get a rise out of people, whether you truly mean what you say or not haha have fun with this one guys ;)

Edited by stayNskool

Here is the deal about Jujuan. No doubt he is a gifted athlete either on the football field or on the basketball court. His situation is much like a former player who played @ McMinn in the late 80's by the name of Chris Baker ( now an assistant @ Ooltewah) Chris was a great point guard and had the ability to light up the score board on any given night ( before the 3-point line) but his supporting cast was lacking in tallent. Chris went on to play @ Division 1 UNC Charlotte and graduated from there sometime around '93.

The difference between Jujuan and Chris is that Jujuan's supporting cast is capable of making a siginificant contribution. I understand when you have a tallanted player on the floor you want the ball in his hands has much as possible especially @ the high school level, but the more his teammates contribute the more he will be freed up to showcase his tallents.

People need to understand there are thousands of Jujuan Smith's around the country and the only thing that will seperate him from the rest is his ability to excell in the classroom and in his community. These major D-1 programs want students that can stay in school because they have a major investment when they sign them to a schlorship.

In my humble opinion Jujuan is a mid major prospect but who knows I wish Jujuan the best of luck and hope he captures all of his goals he has set for himself. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you have the 2 games from teh 2002 season mixed up.... the first game yall won during the regular season by a score of 14-13(or something really close) and the seond game(state quarterfinals) yall scored the first Touchdown of the game and then Ooltewah reeled off 51 unanswered points....final score 51-7 and your punks in the stands started stealing our fans stuff so we sent 2 freshmen girls to get it back(chaucer/proffitt) and they did... also, Ooltewah does talk alot of trash but thats just the way we get down, its fun. and weve had better basketball players at Ooltewah than JuJuan Smith(heck Richard Cotton's not even the best ever at Ooltewah and he was better than JuJuan) were better in baseball, basketball, girls soccer(sometimes boys not last year though), volleyball, softball, yall have us beat in football but heck yalls school has more people so you should be better...Fact is McMinn talks plenty of trash as well, however theyre not exactly backing it up all the time themselves...by the way, sometimes its just fun to talk smack to get a rise out of people, whether you truly mean what you say or not haha have fun with this one guys ;)

I give you guys three sports that your better then us at.... softball, volleyball, and girls soccer. Who cares though.. they are all three womens sports. I play baseball for mcminn and let me tell ya... I have never lost a single game to Ooltewah since being in high school. You def. dont have a better football team then us, your basketball team is sorry, and like I said the only sports you can beat us at are girls sports (who gives a flying fudge)? OMG i cant wait till we beat your tails in basketball and baseball this year. Mark my words.... you will go down. Try getting smart with me one more time... I own u son! By the way Jajuan Smith cant be stopped.. especially by anyone from your no-talent school

ok ok number one im not your son.number 2 girls sports count because Ooltewah girls are hott and its nice that they are good at their sports as well. ... outside of that you are sincerely insane...you seem to be a bit of a "hater" but as far as baseball is concerened all i know is the last time Ooltewah made it to the state Final Four was 2002, when did McMinn last pull that off? Also, all I have heard about McMinn basketball is that JuJuan Smith is really good and the rest of the team knows to get him the ball. I doubt in a district with Bradley, Rhea and Cleveland yall have even managed a district title in 10 years(Ooltewah hasn't either so no bragging, but maybe neither team should be talking so much junk) With football I guess you could say that we'll see who has the better team this coming season. I don't really care for wrestling so theres no need to mention it. Yalls boys soccer team had Ooltewahs number last year but the season prior Ooltewah beat them twice. Overall records in total sports are probably even. im not really very sure... but i would like to know what your deal with Ooltewah is? Of all schools on here you talk the most trash about The Owls... I figured it would be McMinn Central or someone closer to you but for some reason you talk the most trash about Ooltewah... whatever thats about...

Edited by stayNskool

What all posters need to understand is that different players bring different skills onto the court. A player's game may work well against one team and be neutralized versus another. I saw Smith play against Cleveland this past Friday and he appeared to be a perimeter player and was by no means outstanding in that particular game. But I have seen him play against other teams and he looked like a slasher. It all depends upon the athleticism and defensive scheme of the opposition. JaJuan Smith was without a doubt the best basketball player in the gym on Friday but he was not the best that I have seen this year. Next game, he might be. One thing that gets totally lost on this board most of the time: basketball is about winning. It's not about scoring average, dunks, crowd participation, or a player's unique warm-up gear. If a player can be outstanding and make his team better around him while keeping winning first in his mind, he is a great player. I just have not seen JaJuan Smith get the winning part nailed down yet.

P.S. - That's not necessarily his fault, Cherokees. Or is it?