Special Project---The Great Divide

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder of Mr. Luker has ever been to somewhere like Briarcrest?

http://www.briarcrest.com

A NICE play (and nice people!) with Great facilities....

I wonder of Mr. Luker has ever been to somewhere like Union City High School?

Union City High School

A NICE play (and nice people!) with Great facilities....including an indoor practice facility.

Union City High School

A NICE play (and nice people!) with Great facilities....including an indoor practice facility.

Having the largest Goodyear Tire & Rubber plant in the world located there doesn't hurt either. :D

I thought the articles were the best overview of the "problem" that exists in Tennessee High School Football. Knowing now that this proposal comes from the most affected school in the state troubles me. Public policy that affects all should not be pushed from the most afflicted. Mr. Luker must be a fine man but envy is still part of his persona. Who cares if USJ has more blacktop than the city he lives in? I know he is engaging in hyperbole, but why begrudge anyone for having more that you do? Ever since I moved to this state, I still see ENVY as the root of this problem. So you can't win at your level? Just fine...change the rules. Again, from an outsiders perspective, this basic attitude does not reflect well on this state or it's coaches or administrators.

Union City High School

Having the largest Goodyear Tire & Rubber plant in the world located there doesn't hurt either. :P

I wonder though 9 yr., why hasn't Saturn or Nissan or Kodak or Bridgestone(just to keep up with Goodyear) or any other big corps helped out like Goodyear has done in Union City. You're correct they were they driving force behind that faciility.

Union City High School

Having the largest Goodyear Tire & Rubber plant in the world located there doesn't hurt either. :P

I wonder though 9 yr., why hasn't Saturn or Nissan or Kodak or Bridgestone(just to keep up with Goodyear) or any other big corps helped out like Goodyear has done in Union City. You're correct they were they driving force behind that faciility.

Being there 35 years might have something to do with it. Right now, it doesn't look too good.

I thought the articles were the best overview of the "problem" that exists in Tennessee High School Football.  Knowing now that this proposal comes from the most affected school in the state troubles me.  Public policy that affects all should not be pushed from the most afflicted.  Mr. Luker must be a fine man but envy is still part of his persona.  Who cares if USJ has more blacktop than the city he lives in?  I know he is engaging in hyperbole, but why begrudge anyone for having more that you do?  Ever since I moved to this state, I still see ENVY as the root of this problem.  So you can't win at your level?  Just fine...change the rules.  Again, from an outsiders perspective, this basic attitude does not reflect well on this state or it's coaches or administrators.

You hit the proverbial nail on the head boyfromsi. Thanks for calling it as it is. The emporer is wearing no clothing!

BTW robjim...Speaking of Union City High School. My company waterproofed the new elevator pit there.

restoration18.jpg

http://www.union-city-hs.obion.k12.tn.us/u...restoration.htm