Eighth grade teams

Indian

Those three teams: Summertown, E.O. Coffman, and Waynesboro are all loaded with talent. They all have 7th and 8th graders from that 12U Express team that placed 2nd in AAU state tournament this year. Summertown has that great guard and good wing player (and probably some others), Waynesboro has that post that looks like she could be 18 instead of 13 and a fairly decent point guard that didn't get much playing time on that aau team, and E.O. Coffman pretty much has everyone else off that squad. I have seen Waynesboro and Summertown play so far this year and I got a chance to see E.O. Coffman play during the summer in a small scrimage. All three are exceptional. Did Waynesboro really beat Summertown, i kinda find that hard to believe from what I've seen of both teams?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too realize that middle school would like to see and hear info about not only their own school but their rivils as well. I just feel like that perhaps it maybe disheartening and really damage a really good if not great player at this age. The kids today have to put up with so much in school that they should not have to worry about what is said here. Please don't take this the wrong way because it is not intended that way at all. Give'em time to grow abit and ENJOY this time of they're life.

There are reports out of Oneida that the girls team up there is undefeated, but that they are a young bunch with one very good 8th grader starting(Lay). The rest of their lineup and depth is filled with 7th graders with lots of talent, but they lack a little drive. Their coach is a little fiery sometimes, but you can tell he cares a great deal about the players. Anyway, they are unbeaten, and they are a very "capable" ballclub when they are clicking. They usually press the whole game, but haven't used it much,yet, because the coach doesn't run up the scores on other teams. Good luck, Ladies. B):D

I agree with panthergal Lewis County is a real good team with a lot of talent. I would like to see this group of girls under Lobelville Lady Hornets coach Eric Lomax,not taking anything away from Lewis County coaches. Coach Lomax's record at Lobelville 71-12 the last four years with TWO TNT STATE RUNNER UP TITLES AND ONE TNT STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. They are 13-3 this year ranked 1 in their district.