Maryville Football

CoachT junkie

Oh, it's done alright, addictedtosports. Students living outside the city limits of Oak Ridge pay tuition to attend Oak Ridge City Schools. Maybe it is because of the superior level of education in OR and Maryville. Parents are willing to pay for their kids to receive it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, it's done alright, addictedtosports.  Students living outside the city limits of Oak Ridge pay tuition to attend Oak Ridge City Schools.  Maybe it is because of the superior level of education in OR and Maryville.  Parents are willing to pay for their kids to receive it.

Of course I'm sure exceptions are made for those unfortunate athletes who can't afford it !

Baaaaaaaaa

Edited by CoachT junkie

Can't argue with facts, fellas. These educational programs are top in the state. And, by the way, I didn't say our football team lives outside the city limits. They are all proud Oak Ridgers, born and bred. With the exception of a couple of boys who don't see much playing time, but their parents can afford the tuition, so no, no unethical exceptions are made.

Very well may be, but it's not going on here. I wouldn't dare speak as to all the other schools. One thing you have to understand about this community is that Wildcat football gets in these guys blood when they are little guys playing for the OR Boys Club. We have the two middle schools that feed the one high school. These boys grow up dreaming of being an OR Wildcat and walking down those steps. Our coaches never have to look outside the community. Seriously, the parents who pay the tuition do it for the education, not for the sports program.

I'm sure other young boys growing up in other communities feel that same pull toward the team they think they have a chance of playing for someday. Not meaning to act like it's unique to OR.

My wife's cousin paid the tuition at Maryville for her kids to go to school there. Neither played football. My wife has another friend who paid tuition to Maryville......they were both girls and neither played football. Those are the only 4 students I remotely know who have gone to Maryville High. So from personal knowledge, the tuition thing at Maryville is for academics or maybe cheerleading.

But keep the recruiting talk up, it keeps me coming back to this web page.

Why must you maryville sheep get on here and swap spit all day. Nobody but the maryville wooly ones wants to here how great their program is. These threads are so dang repetative, no wonder posters like me bash you guys so much. I give you guys all the credit in the world, but lets give it a rest a few days and focus on the real topic at hand Mo West vs Hillsboro.

Just a word for crochchess and others who come from the same gene pool.

In the very likely event you failed to read the thread title (The Subject) this post was about Maryville Football, the perennial program in the state of Tennessee the past 6 years. Unlike yourselves, many of us do not live out our lives looking for ways to post negatives about a group of young men and coaches who, work very hard to bring to "Our" community a brand of High School Football, you have no doubt ever experienced as a player, coach or fan. The brand and type of high quality football that we have come to enjoy, year end and year out hear in Maryville is something you can not understand nor are you able to get past your jealously to commend. Maryville lost a close game because of many factors and you can think if you like that Morristown West was or is the better team, it is a free country.

Think what you want but please keep your negative condescending childish comments on a Maryville Hatters Thread. You are pathetic!

Good Luck Morristown West and bring back the gold to East Tennessee, but more importantly play like champions!

Just a word for crochchess and others who come from the same gene pool.

In the very likely event you failed to read the thread title (The Subject) this post was about Maryville Football, the perennial program in the state of Tennessee the past 6 years. Unlike yourselves, many of us do not live out our lives looking for ways to post negatives about a group of young men and coaches who, work very hard to bring to "Our" community a brand of High School Football, you have no doubt ever experienced as a player, coach or fan. The brand and type of high quality football that we have come to enjoy, year end and year out hear in Maryville is something you can not understand nor are you able to get past your jealously to commend. Maryville lost a close game because of many factors and you can think if you like that Morristown West was or is the better team, it is a free country.

Think what you want but please keep your negative condescending childish comments on a Maryville Hatters Thread. You are pathetic!

Good Luck Morristown West and bring back the gold to East Tennessee, but more importantly play like champions!

Great post FBEmeritus.

Those guys are pathetic,jealous idiots. Their sole purpose is to trash Maryville on this forum. They are gutless cowards.

I can't believe this thread hasn't been shut down yet, it was just asking for trouble! The immaturity by some especially adults just blows my mind! I've said it before and I'll say it agian, these are kids that are playing, 15-18 or 19 year olds! In highschool, most trying to have some fun! It is just so pathetic!

it is sort of funny that a thread that is obviously just made to ridicule MARYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL is allowed to continue . maybe if we were to substitute MARYVILLE in all these posts with say .......... CPA ???

CPA football , thanks for the memories

CPA had a nice run the last few years . is the dominance over , i think so . of course this is just my opinion . ( actually it's not , but i guess it's ok to put a school down as long as it's my opinion . )

it's totally ridiculous that a classy board that is dedicated to high school kids has immature, classless, adults , whose soul purpose for being here is to put a school down . what is even more discouraging to know is that some of these people who do immature things like this are actually in a position of authority at some of our area schools . with examples like this for our children ... well i'm afraid that the true lessons of athletics , such as sportsmanship , and respecting your opponent , may never be taught by these few immature adults . i've been proud of the way our REBEL fans have handled the loss to MORRISTOWN WEST . The majority have accepted the loss with grace , and gave all the proper respect and congratulations to MORRISTOWN WEST . It's a shame that this example of how true champions behave even in defeat , can not teach some of these haters anything . anyone who can not respect an opponent will always be a loser , i don't care if your team wins 20 championships in a row , you will still be a loser