Hillsboro 2003 AAAA Champs!

kp94881

After watching the game, nobody needs to crack on the MoWest D. Brandon Fanney was definately the best defensive player on the field. MoWest's O just wasn't that potent.

Hillsboro, congradulations on your ring, but don't down Maryville, when you win 39 games in a row and 3 gold balls in a row come calling, but until that day.......

And to all the Maryville haters; I am definately not from Maryville, but as the old adage goes, success breeds jelousy.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kudos to hillsboro for a dominating performance

if team A (hillsboro) beats team B (motown) who beat team C (maryville), it does not necessarily mean that A beats C

I wonder if it would have been a much better contest between hillsboro and maryville due to the styles and strengths of the teams

anyway, west won the right to play in the state championship and I am very proud of the team going to murfreesboro

congrats to the trojans for a great year!

thanks much

"kudos to hillsboro for a dominating performance."

YES. IT WAS PRETTY DOMINATING. TWO INTS AND A KEY FUMBLE RECOVERY FOR HHS. MW NEVER IN THE HILLSBORO RED ZONE.

"if team A (hillsboro) beats team B (motown) who beat team C (maryville), it does not necessarily mean that A beats C."

IF, IF iF. WE'LL NEVER KNOW ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, BUT BELIEVE ME HILLSBORO WAS PLENTY MOTIVATED TO CLOSE THE DEAL, NO MATTER THE OPPONENT.

"I wonder if it would have been a much better contest between hillsboro and maryville due to the styles and strengths of the teams."

OKAY. FOR SEVERAL REASONS WE ALL WOULD HAVE MUCH RATHER ENJOYED A REMATCH WITH MARYVILLE. THEIR POISE AND TITLE EXPERIENCE WOULD HAVE CARRIED THEM FURTHER IN THIS GAME. HHS HAD THE ARCH NEMESIS / REVENGE FACTOR. AND YES, THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE ALI-FRAZIER III; BLOW FOR BLOW, ALOT OF PRIDE AND HISTORY ON THE LINE. MAN, THE HYPE ALONE WOULD HAVE MADE GREAT FODDER...

"anyway, west won the right to play in the state championship and I am very proud of the team going to murfreesboro."

CAN'T DEBATE THAT -- THAT'S WHY THERE'S PLAYOFFS AND IT CAN BE SO EXCITING LEADING UP TO THE BIG GAME. SOMETIMES THE FINAL MATCHUP IS A LET DOWN, REGARDLESS, THE LAST TWO STANDING PLAY FOR ALL THE MARBLES.

Hillsboro High School--2003 AAAA Football State Champs.

B)

I try not to judge a town or program by what I read on here because there is little substance to message boards. I guess it is something to do during lunch or while listening to the blues on Sunday morning. I usually don,t even post.

Point being is that MW and Maryville seem to have it in for each other. I know about Maryvilles tradition, not sure if MW has one. But i have noticed over the years that when a program finally wins a game over someone that has usaually dominated them, they don't know how to act. I do know that If you play enough times, the ball will bounce your way. MW reminds me of a program down the road about 50 miles. They made the playoffs and won the game over their county rival that had totally dominated them for ten years. Now the are world beaters.

CONGRATULATIONS to Hillsboro for bringing a state trophy back to Metro Nashville. I did not see the game, but from what I hear, it was a one-sided game. Right now, let the Burros enjoy the success that they had for this season. MoWest must have been a good team, they made it to the title game by "beating the team." It would have been a great matchup w/ Maryville v Hillsboro, but I think the Burros had the will and drive similar to that championship team at Pearl-Cohn in '97 that rolled off 14 straight wins and whipped Maryville in the state finals. They were just not going to be denied.

Once again, WAY TO GO BURROS, Nashville appreciates all of the hard work and effort that paid off with this state title.

The football season is over, lets concentrate on the hardwood and the mats for a while now.

Congradulations to Hillsboro on the impressive victory. Even without a key player you all still were good enough to take home the trophy. I sortof feel, however, that it would have been a beter game had it been a Hillsboro/Maryville matchup. But it doesn't matter because they fell in the 4th round. Anyway, congras and enjoy!

ACCARP

Congratulations to Zac Atkins on landing at the right school!

Soph- LaVergne and Antioch

Junior- Franklin

Senior- Hillsboro

TSSAA Transfer Rule is a Joke!

Interesting comment from a frustrated Franklin fan.

Atkins legally moved each summer. If you legally move, you legally transfer. Look it up, or if you choose, stay misinformed and show your ignorance.

Congratulations to my buddy Richard and all of Ron's staff at Hillsboro High School. It looks like you guys earned the ring this year. I envy you and I wish you a lot of success in the comming years, unless of course you happen to play my team and then, oh well... :D

I don't know what game some of you were watching but Hillsboro completely dominated Morristown West in every phase of the game. Also on the side lines. Hillsboro was much bigger faster and stronger. Morristown kept the game respectable because of a good defense, but West would not score on this bunch if they played 10 games. Does the West team have screen pass or draw in the bag? Because they had no down field passing game. I thought that special teams may play apart but West didn't even attempt a return on punts, with no one around them.

The best player on the field was Fisher make no mistake about it, and 10 the QB on offense.

Congradulations to West for making it, you had a good defense but played much to conservative on offense and special teams.

I was at the game, and there was no doubt, who was the best team, the only thing that really disappointed me was, why Hillsboro scored the touchdown at the end of the game while leading comfortably and all they had to do was take a knee twice and the game was over. That was kinda rubbing Morristown's nose in it. I didn't care who won the game, but it would have shown good sportsmanship to just take a knee, and run out the clock.

Does anyone know why the Hillsboro player #6 was ejected from the game?

That will be something that he will regret later on down the road I'm sure, to get kicked out of his last high school game.

Aydellott went for the late TD for reasons only he knows. My guess is maybe he tired of the deteriorating sportsmanship on the other side and took a last shot.

As for Fisher, Jr., he was thrown out for an apparent dead ball retaliation hit on MW #98. They were going at it all game, so one or both were due to be kicked out, I suppose. "It's not why we're here, boys." It was at the refs discretion and he probably saw enough. Both #6 and #98 should have known better but hey, guys being guys and all...

Walter, too bad, it likely cost you another def. MVP.

Hillsboro High School--2003 AAAA Football State Champs.