germantown wins

juicyt

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Red Devils as you wear the crown in 2004. You are a worthy successor to the Bruins. We enjoyed wearing it this past year. We also gladly pass on the jersey with the big "target" attached to it. You will be wearing it all next year and it goes with the territory.

FHSRebel27, the key to Brentwood winning last year was beating Riverdale in the Championship Game, not Frankandbeans. If you ever get there and win it, you'll know what I'm talking about. Championship games are different.

Congratulations to the New King!

You gotta admit though, Fromthetop- Franklin has lost 2 years in a row in the playoffs to the eventual state champions. Kinda ironic right?

CONGRATS GERMANTOWN! Eventhough your QB's knee took my boyfriend out of the game, haha! #2 is quite a player!!!!!!!

And good luck next year as you will be wearing the massive target BHS had this year!

Congradulations to G-town on their impressive victory over Riverdale. I saw Riverdale a couple of weeks ago and although I was not happy with the outccome of the game, I knew they were a deserving, high quality ball club. They have a lot of talented people and a lot of experience in these situations and you all still were able to play your best for the win. Anyway congrats to Germantown again on their state champioship.

ACCARP

Edited by accarp2614

Congrats to the Red Devils as you wear the crown in 2004. You are a worthy successor to the Bruins. We enjoyed wearing it this past year. We also gladly pass on the jersey with the big "target" attached to it. You will be wearing it all next year and it goes with the territory.

FHSRebel27, the key to Brentwood winning last year was beating Riverdale in the Championship Game, not Frankandbeans. If you ever get there and win it, you'll know what I'm talking about. Championship games are different.

Congratulations to the New King!

My post was more of a shot at itzme saying it was playing a D-II AAA team than anything else. Sorry you took it the wrong way. And I'm with BigDogDaddy, Frankandbeans?

Congratulations to the Red Devils. I think they discovered the secret to Brentwood's success last year- beating Franklin. I'll go as far as to say the state championship was decided last week. Not to discredit Riverdale, you're the ones with silver ball, but I feel like we would have defeated the Warriors, too.

That's a good one! Let's just say they should do both. :angry:

fhsrebel27, your comments about you think franklin could have beaten riverdale are just what i have come to expect from some of you franklineers. yes, we are the ones with the silver ball, and if franklin deserved to own either the gold or the silver, you all would have beaten germantown and gone to the dance yourselves. franklin has boasted two great teams the past two years, but they are just not championship caliber yet. congrats to fhs coach jim campbell on a great season. hope to see great things from you wherever you are coaching at.

now that that's said and done with, hats off to germantown. i honestly thought that riverdale would have had to much speed and depth at the skill positions, but you guys did an excellent job on pursuit angles and with all the mistakes and miscues riverdale had you deserved the game more.

to my warriors, keep your heads up. no one expected you guys to succeed this year, and what you did was amazing. you all have a wealth of talent returning next year, so stay focused on what you need to do to finish it off right next season. hit the weights hard all year long and come together and no one will stop you guys next year. i'll be in the stands as much as possible.

Congratulations Red Devils! I always knew we could bring the state title back over in our neck of the woods. I especially want to congratulate all the seniors~~~we have proved the Class of 2004 is the best.......Class AAA Volleyball State Champs 2003, Class 5A Football State Champs 2003....more to come! Once again, great game played by both schools.....Happy Holidays :angry:

First off, we are Franklinites...

Second off, I said that you have the silver ball. That can't be argued. I just feel like that the winner of the game was decided last week. You can disagree, that's fine. I feel like that was the case in the quarterfinals last year, too. You don't have to make it to the championship to be a championship-calliber team. If you use that logic, then Linconl County wasn't a championship-calliber team either. I know there are many that would disagree with that, including many Riverdale people.

Nothing to be gained by rehashing what might have been.

Germantown did an outstanding job taking Riverdale's speed out of the game. Congratulations to the Red Devils. The final stats surprised me some. According to the local paper, Riverdale had more total yards and more time of possession. Watching the game, I thought Germantown would have dominated those categories.

Great season, Warriors. The last two Riverdale teams have been overachievers. I love the way Warriors teams expect to win. Anything less than a 15 game schedule is unacceptable. Next year you will be expected to win. Work hard, and get back there in '04.

Again, congrats to Germantown. Fine looking football team.

Germantown did an outstanding job taking Riverdale's speed out of the game. Congratulations to the Red Devils. The final stats surprised me some. According to the local paper, Riverdale had more total yards and more time of possession. Watching the game, I thought Germantown would have dominated those categories

Germantown dominated the first half except for the Riverdale drive that ended on a fumble inside G'town's 30. Riverdale dominated the 4th quarter thanks to a long drive to begin it. Germantown fumbled inside Riverdale's 20 in the first quarter.

http://www.tssaa.org/2003Champions/StateFo...ass5A/stats.htm

Riverdale ran 20 plays to Franklin's 8th in the fourth quarter. So, instead of giving up down 10-0 entering the 4th quarter to a bigger team on a cold night, the Warriors seemed to turn it up a notch and almost pulled it out...