David Wolke

alan

wow, maryville. didn't know that lorenzen's body weight was such a touchy topic for you. here's an idea--get a grip. i said absolutely nothing about his talent or what he has accomplished in his career at kentucky. i merely made a poke at his abnormal size for a quarterback. next time, read the post more carefully before you blow a gasket, alright?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Wolke going to court? What did he do??

Back in 2002 when Smyrna came to Cookeville..I wasnt impressed at all with the kid. I played for Cookeville and the only thing we heard was "FOCUS ON WOLKE". It seemed like the kid buckled under the pressure of a play off game.

As for this year,I havent heard or seen anything so i have no idea how good he was this year.

Im just goin on what I saw 1st hand last year and he looked like an average QB with a real dandy website. :D

Edited by Sadler57

I did read the post and to me you made a shot at Kentucky personally and a shot at a great player. If you notice, not many people talk about how talented Jared Lorenzen is, they only speak of his weight. Its a matter of people "judging a book by its cover." Be a Kentucky fan and live in Knoxville, see how that makes you feel, and don't ask why I am not a Tennessee fan, because the answer is simple. I was born in Kentucky. When you are born in Kentucky you have two options for teams to love, Kentucky and Louisville. If you like Louisville, its because you're from Louisville, no one outside the city actually likes them. If your from somewhere else, you like UK. I am from Western Kentucky and I like UK. My family, also UT fans, moved to Tn. I refuse to cheer for them. And for 3-4 years all I have heard about Jared Lorenzen has been his weight. Well no one has said, "Hey, Jared Lorenzen is a pretty good quarterback, he did pass for 10,000 yards in his career!" Funny..you didn't say that either!?

Sadler57  Posted on Dec 13 - 05:53 PM        Why is Wolke going to court? What did he do??

Back in 2002 when Smyrna came to Cookeville..I wasnt impressed at all with the kid. I played for Cookeville and the only thing we heard was "FOCUS ON WOLKE". It seemed like the kid buckled under the pressure of a play off game.

As for this year,I havent heard or seen anything so i have no idea how good he was this year.

Im just goin on what I saw 1st hand last year and he looked like an average QB with a real dandy website. wink.gif

I am also wondering what he did?? and does he really have a website??

i know all about the loyalty issue maryville. i was born and raised in mississippi. i have always been and will always be a die hard bulldog fan. i bleed maroon and white. i know how hard it is to be surrounded by ut fans.

my earlier response to your post was a bit out of line. i apologize on the grounds that you were just tired of hearing about your team and qb from who you suspected was another ut fan taking shots at your very able quarterback. lord knows i get crap all the time from people about msu, but its well deserved. going from #1 in the nation in total defense to in the 100's doesn't speak well for your team, and neither does going from a 10 win season to two consecutive sub .500 seasons in a matter of a couple of seasons.

i know where you are coming from my friend. sorry about the earlier post, it was not meant as a wise crack, but just as a harmless joke. lorenzen is a terrific qb and has done well in his years at uk.

Its all right man, sorry I blew up on ya. Its just a bit frustrating when you go through 9 years of your life in Knoxville around so much orange. Being a fan of all Kentucky sports makes it even worse. See, unlike most UT fans, I stick through the good sports with the bad, as do most UK fans. UK is ranked in the top 25 in attendance, in football. So after being ridiculed for wearing a Kentucky hat for the last nine years I tend to lash out sometimes. Afterall, its hard to be a UK football fan. How many other teams can find so many different ways to lose? Ask LSU and Florida! Anyway, I am sorry again, I understand you were just making a harmless joke, but as I said I am just kinda tired of people ridiculing his weight and no one looking at his actual talent. Thanks for the apology, have a good one.

Sadler57  Posted on Dec 13 - 05:53 PM        Why is Wolke going to court? What did he do??

Im just goin on what I saw 1st hand last year and he looked like an average QB with a real dandy website. wink.gif

I am also wondering what he did?? and does he really have a website??

www.davidwolke.com

I think why Region4 said it had to do with his court hearing is this:

OK I know court will not set a sentence that says no football for life BUT college teams look at what they view to be potential trouble!

And I like many other people think he is only an average QB.Do colleges want an average QB that could be viewed as trouble.

That's my oppinion and I am sticking to it!

Edited by stumpman13