Toughest schedule

WesVLT

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Oakland had a tough road to haul this year in 5A. Their non region games were Brentwood Academy....state Runner up, Franklin ...lost in semi's to state champ Germantown, Lincoln County...lost third round to Riverdale....state runner up. We also had to play Lincoln County again in the play-offs, and in our region we had Smyrna who lost to Lincoln County in the 2nd round and Riverdale who was the state runner up. Oh and did I mention we only had 31 players on our team thanks to losing 800 kids to the new Siegel school???How would you like to be in Riverdale's region who has been to the Blue Cross Bowl the last 4 years??

Do I understand correctly that CoachT's strength of schedule is based solely on wins and losses; i.e., a 5A team with an 8-2 record is treated no different than a 1A team with an 8-2 record?

Yes, since a 5A school plays predominately 5A schools while 1A schools play mostly 1A schools. The toughest schedule overall in the state is the Titans but we don't count them so the toughest schedule a team faced at its own level of participation was Munford. This is not a poll of who had the best team which, as you know, is usually a 5A team. :lol: