Maryvilles Gaskin, Rouse, and Hodge

sportscritic3

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think that Hodge will be able to go anywhere too big. Like McCord he is good at the high school level, but I don't think he has the size to play defensive end. I don't think he has the speed to play linebacker. He might be able to play at Carson Newman, but I don't see anything better than that. Gaskin could, in my opinion, play for just about anyone. He has great hands, the only thing he has against him is his speed. Hopefully he can overcome that. Rouse, well I just don't know about this kid. A part of me says that he is too crazy (see incident with BJ), and that he doesn't have the work ethic. On the other hand a part of me is saying that he has the athletic talent and the luck to make it. So I guess as hard as he works to mess it up he will still get atleast D2.

it all goes down to how much each of them want it. i agree rouse and gaskin have size, well height not weight. they each need to put on some ponds to play at any of the next levels, that is d-1a, d-1 aa, 2 , 3, or even naia. but they both have the talent to play at some level. but the hodge kid i dont know much about, and rebels 4 peat you say that no one knows wnat they are talking about, but just to warn you a 4.8 might not cut it at the WR postion soory bud. he needs to get faster.

if carson newman offers him a "nice package," it wont be to play QB. they already have all SAC QB shane kelley, another back up QB who pushed kelley for the job, and former alcoa and etsu QB michael george is returning closer to home to play QB for the eagles. rouse has the best size out of all three, but is isnt big enough weight wise nor is he fast enough.

Gaskin is NOT 6'2, Gaskin is atleast 6'4 and has been listed as tall as 6'6" He is definitely not 6'2" Also, his speed, as I said, is the only thing hindering him, but he has the size (height) and the ability to catch the ball that help him tremendously. He also has great concentration, the ability to catch the ball off of a tip and the ability to fight a db for the ball.

Gaskin is 6'-5", has the best hands of any kid I have ever seen, and a keen sense of position.

Whether one-handed catches on the football field or coming out of a scrum with the basketball on the hardwood, this kid has the surest hands. I am serious when I say "the best" I have ever seen. Let a ball get loose in basketball and his concentration at collecting the ball is amazing.

Tyler is always in good position. He has such a good sense for the field or floor. In basketball he makes a ton of offensive rebounds and putbacks because of his sense for where the ball is going to be.

I know there is talk about speed, but if I go to war I know the first guy I am picking for my team. I hope some of these college coaches are starting to get the message of what an outstanding player he is (not to mention the fact that he is an "A" student). LMU and Carson-Newman were at the Maryville-West game last night. I wonder who they were looking at? It's strange that they show up as soon as football is out.

Edited by Rebelsman

Hate to debate my fellow Maryville Rebel brothers but Tyler Gaskin is not 6'5" or the 6'6" that has been tossed around lately. Tyler may be 6'2" at most. I saw Tyler last night and sized myself up against him. All the other things that are being said about Tyler is true. He is an outstanding athlete with the character to match.