1a

pujo

Our vote counts the same as anybody elses.

I think the point here is that you are crying because you feel like your vote should count MORE than anyone else's. None of the div1 privates wanted a split. A majority of the 3, 4, and 5a schools didn't either. The vote reflected the constituency even though large portions of said constituency are not represented.

BTW...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Santa Baldy signing off...HOHOHO!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point here is that you are crying because you feel like your vote should count MORE than anyone else's.  None of the div1 privates wanted a split.  A majority of the 3, 4, and 5a schools didn't either.  The vote reflected the constituency even though large portions of said constituency are not represented. 

You're wrong! We are accused of getting on here and crying because we didn't get our way. You 'no split' supporters on here gloating and pointing out what idiots the split supporters are is getting very tiresome. I only want what is best for my son. A chance to play the sport he loves and a reasonable chance for his team to be competative. I am not asking for anything to be given to us, only for a fair chance. Playing in a region where 2/3 of the teams should be competing at a higher level does not cut it. If we wanted to play AA ball, we would asked to be moved up.

Edited by GregC

Greg...What do you call competitive?

Well, VG, Perry County can only get kids from Perry County, but USJ(the most glaring example) draws from all over Madison and surrounding counties( I've seen their program book they sell at the games there and it lists where each player is from). State of the art facilities vs. the baseball outfield and a field house that the booster club worked like dogs for 5 or 6 years to get built(and did a lot of it with their own hands). 30 kids vs a whole sideline full. Reserved parking spots for their $1000 booster club members. We have never even been in a ballgame with them, it is a 40 to 50 point margin of victory for them every year. What good does it do either program to have to play each other? I could say just about the same things about Fayette Academy or JCS, and Trinity has gotten stronger every year we have played them and will have the same stranglehold on us as the other three before very much longer. I believe we could have been in the hunt for the playoffs if we were in Region 8, a group of small rural public schools similar to us. We beat Greenfield and Gleason and played West Carroll a fairly close game this past season, and 2 of them made the playoffs.

Greg....Doesn`t Perry County get kids from all over their county? USJ`s facilities were built with private funds just like USJ`s. Don`t even get into a money issue. You can`t legislate money. You`re dreaming if you think the booster club is a thousand dollars. YOU JUST MADE THAT UP AND YOU LOSE CREDIBILITY! Losing by 40-50 points happens to a lot of teams in every class. Your program is young. They will get better in time if they stick with it. USJ use to get beat by 40-50 as well by some teams. Should they have complained? You say you would have been in the hunt in region 8 for the playoffs, but you were in the hunt in region 7. Trinity has been a very poor team in the past but they had a better team this year. If you had beaten them you would have been in the playoffs.

Again you are using private schools as an easy target. There are a decent handful of good schools in every class. Teams that are good most every year. Why should 1A get to send their good teams to another division and the other 4 classes still have to play their`s. Advantages abound in every class. You`re just upset that private schools seem to have the upper hand in your division. Would you mind also asking that Melrose, Hillsboro, and Maryville, be sent to Div.II? I just want what is best for my son too.

On second thought...nevermind. I want my son to be challenged. I want him to have to compete above his ability. That`s what will make him better not just in football but for life. Good luck to you in your effort to eliminate your good competition.

Why should 1A get to send their good teams to another division and the other 4 classes still have to play their`s.

You`re just upset that private schools seem to have the upper hand in your division.

I want my son to be challenged. I want him to have to compete above his ability. That`s what will make him better not just in football but for life. Good luck to you in your effort to eliminate your good competition.

Why? Because they DO have many advantages....DUHHHHH. C'mon VG, you're not nearly as naive as you're pretending to be.

"Seem to have the upper hand?" Are you kidding? "Seem"

You want him "challenged"? Put him into one of the rural publics that have to face the "advantaged." It just might make him better...if he heals enough to talk about it. :angry:

"Good Competition?" "Unfair" is the proper term.

Happy New Year to you and yours, Volunteer General. This board would be so boring without you, pujo, Ego, silverpie, etc. Take care.

You lose credibility for that post GregC.

The point is, you can't legislate money. Not many of the schools wanted a split, be upset at them, not us. The numbers did not reflect a change, and that was with every D2 school voting for a split!

How would it benefit...say Cosby High School to be open zoned. I've been there, there ain't much there and no kid is going to drive from say...Gatlinburg a good hour or two drive, to go to Cosby. How would an open zone really help Cosby?

The private schools could declare that all kids not in a certain radius of the school are ineligible...that would appease many of the public school supporters, and if it didn't they could only complain about facilities, which you still can't really complain about since those are usually set up privately through booster clubs, etc.

Do not reply to any more of my post. We all know what you are going to say everytime. We have heard it ad nauseum and some of us are sick and tired of your "I'm VG and I know more about everything than anyone. All hail VG." JERK

Hmm...I know I would be proud of my dad for that post...ease up Greg. Calling VG a jerk doesn't score you points and makes me mad!!

After all, everyone knows that I am the big jerk on here!! No one can compete with bald defensive coaches for jerkiness! Heck man, VG is an amatuer jerk compared to me...just ask anyone who posts silliness like, well, like your last few posts... :blink:

Why should 1A get to send their good teams to another division and the other 4 classes still have to play their`s.

You`re just upset that private schools seem to have the upper hand in your division.

I want my son to be challenged. I want him to have to compete above his ability. That`s what will make him better not just in football but for life. Good luck to you in your effort to eliminate your good competition.

Why? Because they DO have many advantages....DUHHHHH. C'mon VG, you're not nearly as naive as you're pretending to be.

You want him "challenged"? Put him into one of the rural publics that have to face the "advantaged." It just might make him better...if he heals enough to talk about it. :blink:

Happy New Year to you and yours, Volunteer General. This board would be so boring without you, pujo, Ego, silverpie, etc. Take care.

krich...you missed my point. Yes private schools have some advantages, but so do public school teams in every division. Did you know that Maryville has kids from out of their zone that pay to attend Maryville? There is not one single 1A private school that has been as dominate as Maryville has been. Why should we kick out the small private schools and let open zone publics like Maryville conitnue to dominate like they have been?

I don`t care if we make changes. But kicking out privates, just because they are private is wrong. If someone doesn`t like the open zones privates have then they shouldn`t like the open zones many public schools have as well.

My son is already challenged. We face playing schools like Melrose and Maryville.....both of which are open zoned. I`m sure you would agree this is an advantage. If you are going to kick out privates because they have open zones, then at least be non partial and kick out all open zone schools.

Open zones are only an advantage in certain areas. Being a open zoned 1a school in Nashville or any populated area is huge. Once you get known as a powerhouse in any sport,,kids will come. Private schools have several advantages. I told people about CAK when they were a doormat, they will own region 2 just like Boyd owns region 3. If there is no change we will see one of these two schools in the Boro every year.

You want him "challenged"? Put him into one of the rural publics that have to face the "advantaged." It just might make him better...if he heals enough to talk about it. :D

krich...you missed my point. Yes private schools have some advantages, but so do public school teams in every division. Did you know that Maryville has kids from out of their zone that pay to attend Maryville? There is not one single 1A private school that has been as dominate as Maryville has been. Why should we kick out the small private schools and let open zone publics like Maryville conitnue to dominate like they have been?

I don`t care if we make changes. But kicking out privates, just because they are private is wrong. If someone doesn`t like the open zones privates have then they shouldn`t like the open zones many public schools have as well.

My son is already challenged. We face playing schools like Melrose and Maryville.....both of which are open zoned. I`m sure you would agree this is an advantage. If you are going to kick out privates because they have open zones, then at least be non partial and kick out all open zone schools.

Based on what Ronnie Carter stated at the Coaches meeting, I think if there is a multiplier it will be across the board:

Privates (1.5 or 2.0)

Metro County Schools (1.25 or 1.5)

Extreme rural schools (.8)

This is a "catch all" method that should even things out a bit and satisfy most people in the state (except the coaches in 2A)!

He said that there would be NO multiplier for OPEN ZONE public schools and he felt that nation wide the trend was for more open zones instead of less

Edited by ELA