Blount Co. Coaching Jobs?

lbcoach1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How could William Blount not give the job to Coach Meadows, if indeed he has applied. The man has won a lot wherever he has been. The people on this thread say they want the Blount County schools to do the right thing and that they want a winner. Meadows is as good at winning at GQ at Maryville.

Red81

If I can sift through all of this jargon that you are spoutting, I thikn you are saying that meadows is just as good a Quarles. Good buddy you are sadly mistaken.

Red81

If I can sift through all of this jargon that you are spoutting, I thikn you are saying that meadows is just as good a Quarles. Good buddy you are sadly mistaken.

Check out the records. Meadows has done it at three different schools. Even though Alcoa and Jeff.co. have great traditions, he won at Sequoya for two years and they haven't won since. GQ is a heckuva coach and a great guy, and I am not in any way trying to say one is any better than the other (1-1 record head to head). All I am saying is that hiring Scott Meadows would send a message to the WB community that they are serious about winning.

Does anyone actually have proof the coach meadows applied for the WB job or is it just rumors? I can`t belive he would jump ship after two winning years, Jeff Co might not have played up to expectations but I don`t know why he would leave a team that still has loads of talent.

I think Meadows is a good coach but if Wm Blount is looking for stability he would be on the high end of the "risk" scale i think. was at Alcoa two years, went to grad asst position at UT, quit before it started, tried to come back to Alcoa, wound up at Jeff Co. and now if he is looking to change jobs again, how long could they depend on him to stay on board? The last thing wm blount needs right now is another season or two and then be looking for someone again.

On the surface with Meadows, it does look "high risk" as far as stability goes. But look a little deeper. I don't think anyone could blame him for leaving Sequoyia to come to Alcoa. Not to knock Sequoyia, they've got a great school, but coming to Alcoa was a great opportunity at a strong program. Plus, I believe his wife was either from Blount County, or at least had lived here quite a while.

From all I've gathered, the UT move maybe was a mistake for him. He got over there and found out it wasn't what he thought it was going to be. Once he decided he didn't want to be there, he obviously sought out another high school job, and Jeff County was a "choice" job.

But who knows ... maybe Coach Meadows still has a desire to be back here in Blount County. I believe he still has a house here. I believe he and his wife have family and friends here.

And so, theWilliam Blount job opens up and maybe he sees it as an opportunity to 'settle down' somewhere for awhile. I agree with the many who describe WB as a "sleeping giant." Lots of returning talent ... good feeder programs up and running and in place now. Very supportive AD and Principal to work with. Good facilities. School system that just approved a raise to the coaching supplement, with the promise to continue efforts to raise it even more.

And here's the kicker that not many people maybe realize ... there is an Assistant Principal at WB by the name of T. Daniel Galyon. He's been on the injured reserve list this semester, but he'll soon be back. It is my understanding that coaches all across the region have expressed a desire to work with T. Daniel. Just what I'm hearing.

If indeed, Nick White, Robert Reeves, Charlie Frye and Scott Meadows have applied, among others, it's going to be a tough choice for the committee, but it would be hard to go wrong with any of these fellows.