WHICH COACH WORKS THE REFS THE BEST?

hootchycootchyman

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen Keyplayer and 911. Green is on one end of the spectrum and Kent Smith the other. How many T's and how many games has Green been tossed from. Smith on the other hand works the refs and might not get the call in the 1st or 2nd quarter but in the 3rd or 4th he has been patient enough to get the call.

I thought the coach from Temple worked the refs pretty good -- but after last nights game against McCallie -- I'm not too sure. They seemed to ignore Wadley all night. Temple got some really bad calls against the Blue Tornados. The refs missed so many -- it was so terrible. I usually don't complain about the refs but I think Mitch (one of the refs -- which has connections with Temple) was afraid to make the right calls for whatever reasons. Anyway -- keep workin' the refs Dan and keep up the good work.

As a former basketball coach in the area (for 14 years) let me say that no one in my experience intimidated refs as much and as often as Brainerd's Robert High. He begins at the tip and never lets up. Many of my former colleagues questioned his basketball savvy, but I always had to admit that he tends to get the big calls late in the game and VERY rarely gets technicals. These are the two sure signs that a coach has "worked the refs" well. Also, his demeanor, I believe, instills in his players an inherent mistrust of everyone from the referees to the nacho salesmen. By the way, this may be for another strand, but Coach Ron Baker--McMinn, East Ridge, now Ooltewah--is by far the best all-around coach in the region: x's and o's, motivation, game management, preparedness. I've heard from Ooltewah people that son Chris Baker is an equally impressive coach.

Guest warriorpride12

The coach that works the refs the best is Grundy County coach. He is always taking up for his boys and getting up in the refs face when it is need. But most of the time he needs to jump on the refs. He works the refs better than any coach out there. Beside our coach. Go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!