Whats wrong with hillwood?

metrobballfan

I've seen Hillwood play a few times this year and the scores of their games don't reflect the kind of team they are, or could be. In every game Ive see the score has been very close at halftime, but as soon as the 3rd quarter starts it's like the team just stops playing. There hasn't been one game, except mabye McGavok, where they haven't had a good chance of winning. There is obviously talent there even without Flint, or they wouldnt be able to hang around with a team like Glencliff like they did tonight.

I know they lost Harrison last year but it seems Coach Davis could have done just as well with the team as Gamble has so far this year. It seems to me that Gamble gets onto the team for running the fast break during the first half, so the team stops and trys to run a half court offense but it just dosent work. The third quarter is when they always try to run their offenses but the problem is they arent great shooters, so even if they get the open shot it's not going to fall very often. I know Gamble has a great repuatation, but has anyone ever thought that maybe it was just he had a lot of talent at Maplewood???

But hey, they did hold to Jamont to about 20!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillwood seems like they dont even run an offense it seems like they are out their playing pick up. They held Jamont to 18 or whatever because Jamont just stood around with this horrible attitude. Hillwood has a lot of talent, I dont know whos coach is worse Hillwood or Glencliffs, Jamont definitly doesnt respect his coach and all coaches should demand respect.

Hillwood is terrible no matter who coaches them. They do not have a great deal of talent, Ray Charles can see that.

Gamble is a great coach, he proved that at Maplewood year in and year out and deserves much better from you giblet heads. Good players make good coaches and you are now saying that Glencliff's coach can't coach with the great Jamont Gordon? Think about that one

Coach Gamble is a great coach. He has overachieved time and time again at Maplewood, but he had some pieces with wich to work with over there. I'll be honest, I was at the game tonight, and Hillwood does not have much talent this year. The talent they do have is young and underdeveloped. They don't have one kid that can hit an outside shot: you can't win games like that...

Gamble will turn Hillwood around, though I don't think it will be this year. Hall and Saffore could be very good players by next year (Saffore maybe the year after), but this year's team is too used to being undisciplined to be turned around this quickly...

NCS03, you think Hillwood has a lot of talent? You sir are the one that doesn't know much about basketball. Maybe for someone from NCS it seems like there is a lot of talent. Gomab, that is the most insightful quote I have read from you. EVERY POINT you mentioned is incredibly true. No shooters and used to running crazy out there. Good to see you at the game, however. And Jamont looked like a prima donna out there last night. He has a lot of maturing to do. Saffore has to find a work ethic before he will turn the corner.

NCS03, if dunking was all you have to do to be considered "talent", then every high jumper in the country would be an All-American. No one on that team can shoot outside of five feet, sometimes not even inside it as well. I do thank you for solidifying my point that you know nothing about basketball. And by the way, there are more than 4 that can dunk. So what. :angry:

Hillwoodfan, I hear your frustration but I would still give Gamble a chance. I cannot and won't comment on what goes on in that locker room and certainly you would know more than I. Although, I would like to maybe suggest something. One of the keys to Bartlett's success under Coach Smith was the great relationship he had with the parents of the players. Maybe you could( or for all I know already have) talk to Coach Gamble express your concern but express support for both him and the players which I know you do. Not that would condone calling players dumb but I can understand the frustration inheriting a program with precious little talentand being expected to win. All in all, it's just a thought

You're a father of a player and I'm only a senior in college so I'm in no way,shape,or form dictating to anybody on how as a parent this situation should be dealt with. I just wish all the luck in the world to you,your son, and that program.

Edited by Pantherbert

NCS03, if dunking was all you have to do to be considered "talent", then every high jumper in the country would be an All-American. No one on that team can shoot outside of five feet, sometimes not even inside it as well. I do thank you for solidifying my point that you know nothing about basketball. And by the way, there are more than 4 that can dunk. So what. :lol:

I was tryin to be cool about it and let it go but you wanna act like your the b ball expert and that your oh so right about everything and i know nothing and you know everything. Hillwood has more talent then a lot of schools.