Knoxville Area Coaches 2

PLACALL

I am not at all putting Gibbs staff down, so please don't take this the wrong way. Why has Gibbs not been succussful the last 10 years. They will soon be moving up to 4A football, as well as AAA basketball, baseball, track, etc. What is the current coaching staff doing to make sure they are going to win in region 2-3A next year. Do they have a chance against Fulton, AE, Anderson Co., Kingston, Lenoir City,or Scott Co? Will they be able to compete with Region 3-4A in 2005 against, Knox Central, Halls, Powell,Morristown West, Clinton, Carter, and maybe even Maryville, or Knox West? One other person said all the players were playing baseball, and basketball. Why has the football staff not been able to get these athletes out. I know that Randy Carroll works hard, and his staff does as well, but until you are competitive in your region then people are gonna be on your tail. Good luck to Randy Carroll, and his coaching staff. I hope you get it done

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful playcall. If you question certain things then your thread will be locked up. Make sure you don't mention the "M" word or you'll be kicked off of coacht forever.

In other news, I don't think gibbs will move up to 4A in '05(maybe '07). However, they have yet to be competetive in many years. On the other hand, It seems unlikely that coach caroll is going to resign or he would have done it by now.

Any news on South-Doyle, Clinton, Heritage, or William Blount?

Once again I am not at all trying to cause any disturbance or hard feelings, but what is the Gibbs coaching staff doing to keep their jobs. Not that anyone would do anything any way. They have not been successful in the past 10 years, what are they doing different now. What has to happen to get them in the above 500 range?

dil,

I can't speak specifically about that carter situation because I don't even know where the place is located. I did have a friend who had a friend who had a kid that played out there and he laid the blame for that infamous streak on the fact that the weightroom/RB coach/DB coach/trainer/bus driver didn't want to do anything but wrestle. I can't imagine that.

river,

I agree about the fence huggers being pretty knowledgeable. I hang out with a few at every Clinton home game and we always make the right calls in the game. We also let the coaches have it anytime they happen to walk by. Man, I love Fridays in Clinton.

dil,

I can't speak specifically about that carter situation because I don't even know where the place is located. I did have a friend who had a friend who had a kid that played out there and he laid the blame for that infamous streak on the fact that the weightroom/RB coach/DB coach/trainer/bus driver didn't want to do anything but wrestle. I can't imagine that.

river,

I agree about the fence huggers being pretty knowledgeable. I hang out with a few at every Clinton home game and we always make the right calls in the game. We also let the coaches have it anytime they happen to walk by. Man, I love Fridays in Clinton.

Newman

I heard that "coach" was only interested in one exercise in the weight room--> the bench (must have been something he learned in high school) I bet that if this dude ever tried to do a squat, he would end up on the bathroom floor of the gym and ultimately in the hospital.

dil,

river,

Newman,

Thanks for clearing up the problem with Clinton's program. It is idiots like yourself that have undermined the past coaches at Clinton.