TFCA 2003 All-State Teams

CoachT

Ela...I`m wanting to know some specific answers to questions.

1.Why was there not a Div.II team?

2. Can a coach nominate a player at the meeting?

3. Do nominations have to include stats?

4. Can a coach nominate a kid outside his region or class?

Hate to bug ya, but you seem to be the most knowledgeable.

VG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ela could you explain a little more. Just out of curiosity do coaches only vote for players in their own class? Can a 2A coach nominate a 4A player? Did they vote on a Div.II team? If not, why not?

I remember the same thing happening with the coaches team last year. There were very obvious omissions last year. At the time I said the coaches should be embarassed by the players they left off. I for one can`t see why someone didn`t stand up nominate Mark Byrd from Cloudland. Even if his coach didn`t make it there or fax a nomination surely someone in that group of coaches should have enough knowledge to put Byrd`s name on there. I can`t imagine that these coaches not knowing about Byrd. Maybe I`m off base though. If a players stats had to be submitted then it would be hard for someone else to have Byrd`s stats. If the coaches want to put out an all state list (and I think it`s great) they need to devise a better system. I said that last year as well.

Coach Lunsford from Cloudland is also the girls basket coach and had a game on Friday. Byrd and Chrisman, "Mr Football" in 1A did not make the list, but 3 player from CPA made it. Pearman from Boyd should have it also???????????????????

I have come to the conclusion there is no possible way to come up with a all state team that would please most of you guys. Even if you all got together and named your own team, with in minutes the bickering would begin. The same thing happens in the Mr. Football awards, and even the state playoff games. It seems to me we all got some growing up to do. :angry:

ELA, has explained it to us over & over now. If your coach didn't show up to vote, call him and ask him why. Don't blame it on the coaches that did show up.

WaCo :) JaCo

Ela...I`m wanting to know some specific answers to questions.

1.Why was there not a Div.II team?

2. Can a coach nominate a player at the meeting?

3. Do nominations have to include stats?

4. Can a coach nominate a kid outside his region or class?

Hate to bug ya, but you seem to be the most knowledgeable.

VG

I don't know about the DII question but you can check out the TFCA website for more information. They have a database with all of the members but it is from last summer! The answer to all of your other questions is yes!

If your head coach isn't a member and/or didn't attend the meeting, chances are your kids didn't get voted on or submitted! I didn't make it to that meeting and I too was shocked by some of the obvious omissions but that is how it is done. Maybe next year, more coaches will show up and present a list of players!

It's real simple... if your head coach doesn't attend, I doubt your kids will be included in the mix! I should have been there for my kids but I was still on the highway headed toward M-boro!

I dare say Coach Coatney was present at the clinic, or maybe he was too busy preparing his team for the championship game. I seriously doubt that any players on the 3A team are any better than Stephens. As for the beef on Ferguson being the 5A QB, his numbers are very impressive. But I would say it didn't hurt that Coach Clark is the head of the organization. However, I have not seen a QB like Ferguson in TN in a long time.