Do Unaka girls need a coaching change

cyclonehomer

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenneth Chambers is one of the best coaches in East Tennessee so i believe he will be around for a while maybe what they need to do is get rid of coach wilson and lord knows what Doug Fritz is doing over there why dont you just stick to writing for the Johnson City Press and leave the coaching to the actuall real coaches down there at Elizabethton if there even is a real Coach down there.

And whats so funny about this thread is Unaka will probably win 85% the rest of

there games. I mean you people act like something like this has never happened before thats why the word upset seems to dawn in the game of basketball thats

all it was it happens everyday in the game of basketball and im sure when North Greene comes to Unaka they will prob get beat by about 30.

Bottom line Chambers is not going no where he is if not the best coach in East Tennessee and could coach circles around anybody in this county including coach Wilson from Elizabethton so dont worry about him worry about getting your star back down there at Elizabethton so we dont have to hear your exscuse for losing anymore.

There is nothing wrong with Elizabethon's Coach Wilson. I personally think that he is one of the best coaches around. Doug Fritz is a very good assistant coach and really knows what he is talking about. He was coach for the 7th grade T.A. Dugger girls team when there only loss was to the 8th grade Cloudland team. Coach Wilson and Doug Fritz are GREAT coach's so get of their backs and worry about your own team. ;)

Edited by Cyclone4Ever

After watching EHS play Saturday night, I don't think anyone from EHS needs to get on here and give Unaka coaching advice. You guys looked like they couldn't beat my granny. You need to worry about your own team right now and let Coach Chambers do what he knows best. He had several out with the flu, but even with some of his out, he could have still beat the cyclones. <_<

I sit here amazed as I read this thread. Let's face it, there is a big problem with friction between the Elizabethton and Unaka girls basketball programs. I can answer some questions since I don't have a dog in this race. Yes Unaka was at a disadvantage Friday night. Leading scorer Jessie Osborne was out after surgery. 6th man Megan Johnson was out with the flu. Starters Julie Roberson, Coty Townsend, Rene Ensor and Erica Babb all fouled out of the game. 2 others had four each. Yes the officiating was terrible. But you know that is going to be the case before you go down there. It wasn't coaching that got Unaka beat Friday night. Poor shot selection hurt them dearly. A coach prepares his team and it is up to the players to be ready at gametime. As far as coaches is concerned Unaka has one of the best. Instead of looking at a loss to North Greene with two key players missing, let's look at the time this man invests in his program. Summer camps, studying film, working after practice with kids is just a few things this man gives to the program. I bet you that they will be a much better team the next time out on the floor. Everyone makes mistakes. Show me someone who hasn't and I'll show you someone who has never tried.

I too got to see Elizabethton's girls play Tennessee High and was really impressed with the team. Some great freshmen in that program. In my opinion the technical foul on your coach was critical down the stretch. Should have never happen. Does it make him a bad coach? No. He was defending his team and just made a mistake getting the T. Their is a quick solution to this problem but it will never happen. Try playing each other on a home, away series. The gyms would be packed and the Coach T boards would be lit up. In the meantime try giving the coach a pat on the back, they deserve it.

TDog you are a voice of reason, as always. While there has been and probably will always be sniping/smack talk between the BB teams in our county, let's all try and keep it good natured. There really is no reason for Unaka and Elizabethton to be trash talking each other. Now Happy Valley, Elizabethton and Hampton, yeah, they are in the same conference. And Unaka and Cloudland, yeah, same deal there. But for some reason, Unaka and Elizabethton seem to like to take shots at each others programs, for no valid reason. Both teams can win district,regional,substate and state championships all in the same year.

Both teams are good this year. Both teams have veteran proven coaches.

Saddam is in custody. Perhaps someone could offer an olive branch and call a truce of sorts. OSU and CH are you out there??

Edited by coaches_corner