Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats on a roll!

OakRidgeCat

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, I was worried Oak Ridge would slip up against Bradley and Maryville but thankfully the did not. Now, it is off to the West.

Here is some of the info on the Arizona tournament I posted earlier.

The Lady Wildcats have been placed in the Blue Division and not the top level National Division. Shelbyville will hopefully win the elite National Division.

Other teams in the Blue Division with Oak Ridge and their National Preseason Ranking according to Student Sports (SS) and USA Today.

Archbishop Carroll, PA SS # 6 nationally USA Today # 7 in East Region

Callaway, MS SS # 37 nationally USA Today # 20 nationally

Canyon, TX unranked unranked

Centennial, NV SS # 10 nationally USA Today # 10 in West Region

Desert Vista, AZ unranked unranked

John Ehret, LA unranked unranked

Oak Ridge, TN SS # 28 nationally USA Today # 18 nationally

San Clemente, CA SS # 49 nationally USA Today # 14 nationally

December 18, Oak Ridge (TN) vs Canyon (TX), 7 PM

Tournament of Champions web site for those interested:

http://www.nationalbasketball.com/pages/event-TOC.html

Listen to the games live at Prepradio.com :justwrestle:

Raked over the coals papatj, or have to admit you were wrong AGAIN. It is obvious from your posts you do not like the Oak Ridge Girls. The ladies are just picking up steam and learning to play together as a team. Whether they win or lose in AZ it is a mighty strong statement that they are willing to go up against the best in the country. Roll Wildcats Roll!

The latest USA Today Top 25 came out yesterday and there are some changes involving teams Oak Ridge might play in the TOC:

Archbishop Carroll, PA moves up to # 6 in the East Region

Callaway, MS moves to # 10 nationally. They are 10-0, averaging 80.6 ppg.

Canyon, TX enters at # 9 in the South Region (OR's opponent Thursday)

Centennial, NV moves up to # 9 in West Region

Oak Ridge (TN) falls to # 25 nationally and is ranked # 5 in East

San Clemente, CA falls out of Top 25 after a 66-51 defeat to now # 19 La Jolla (CA) Country day.

Teams of note:

Shelbyville has dropped from # 1 to being unranked. Hopefully, they can win the National Division at the TOC and reenter the rankings.

Sevier County is now ranked # 6 in the East, one spot behind Oak Ridge. This is just a guess...the USA Today is positioning them for a spot in the national rankings if they can win the Greeneville tournament.

Best of luck to Oak Ridge tomorrow! ;)

OakRidgeCat,

If you knew as much about me as you are a fan of the Lady Cats, it might open your eyes just a tad. Just trying to being honest about girls basketball in Tennessee and in particular East Tennessee. I choose to evaluate each team as I see them and not like or dislike any particular team. Nothing wrong with fans of teams being for the team of their choice. Shouldn't be upset just because someone happens to pick your team to lose. It is obvious that perception is reality to you. Be careful that you can tell what I like or don't like by my posts. As far as going up against the best in the country, I don't believe that I said that they were not willing to take on the best. Coach P will always be willing to take on the best. She is very competitive and sees it as a way to improve as a team and it will only hopefully make them better come tournament time. Its a long season and no one knows that better that she does. As you say, Roll Wildcats Roll.