Loretto vs. Franklin Road Academy

buffman

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They played friday night and lost by 9. That puts them losing 2 now. From what i here they played alright but the refs stunk. The way they talked christy got a technical but i am not so sure. I also heard 4 of the 5 starters fouled out. If anyone knows for sure i would appreciate knowing.

Yeah 4 Loretto players fouled out. They fouled out because FRA started holding the ball with 3:30 left and Loretto fouled FRA as soon as they got the ball for the remaining 3:00 of the game. The fourth quarter lasted an eternity because of this and FRA stepped up and hit its shots from the line.

This game displayed the worse officiating I have ever seen. Cross picked up 3 fouls out of her 5 because she was battling for position. She was doing nothing wrong, and it wasnt anything she hasnt done in previous games. THIS WAS UNCALLED BY OTHER OFFICIALS. If you dont work to get open, and get position, how do you expect to get open? Crawl on the floor? PLEASE dont call every little foul officials. Let the kids play a little. These ladys will come back prepared for Giles, I know they will. Scott Hannah, watch out.

Peace.

Here is the link to "The Tennessean" article about this game by Jessica Hopp.

FRA slows tempo in win over Loretto

From what I've seen in regards to officials from Metro, some crews are definitely sub-par. Teams from southern middle TN coming into Davidson Co. for games should beware and be prepared for the worst. If your team plays an aggressive style of game, you will be called for numerous fouls or even fouls trying to get position.

Edited by PageMan

I only know what I read in the newspaper mainly about Loretto. I have seen them play against Page & Summertown where they won 47-44 & 72-68, I think. In those games, they looked pretty good to me. Their losses appear to have occurred because the other teams were able to hit their FT's in the 4th qtr. I neither defend or make excuses for their losses - just stating what I read, reset. Loretto may have to adjust their game to how the officials are calling, as every team must do. Bad officiating is part of the game, it's the luck of the draw. The team that can hit their FT's in a game with excessive foul calling can usually win. A team with a strong bench can overcome their starters getting in foul trouble. Loretto is a good team that should overcome bad officiating as the season wears on.

Hey PageMan!!! I just wanted u to know that i think that my first opinion of u was wrong. Ill be perfectly honest with u, i didnt like u at first, but since i've seen some of ur posts and gotten to know u a little bit better, ur not bad at all. Ur a true fan of sports and a very open minded one at that!!!! Everytime I look on here u r tryin to keep people from slammin the Lady Mustangs and their coaches, which i greatly happen to appreciate. I'm a big fan of the Mustangs and the Lady Mustangs, and their isnt a girl on the team that cant contribute in their on way. Also we share the same view about Jana Cross. I'm her biggest fan!!!!!!!!! I've gotten to know her much better during this past year and I love her as a person and as a player. She goes out night after night and fights hard for a Lady Mustang victory!!! I love to watch her play , and i can tell from what u write on here that u enjoy watchin her as well!!! I just wanted to let u know that i appreciate ur help that u give on here for the Lady Mustangs!!!! UR truly a fan of sports, not a fan of who gets to play, or what Lawrenceburg fans think about things.

LoL reset... I didn't even go to the game vs FRA... However a coworker of mine, who happens to be an alumni of FRA and roots for them, went to the game and told me that it was the worst officiated game he had ever seen... His words not mine, as i wasn't there... But he said that it was so one sided for FRA that the refs were even laughing at some of the asenine calls the other refs were making... And one of the refs was heard quoting to a loretto fan, "If you think this is bad, you should have been here last week." Know what you're talking about before you run your mouth!

reset, If the losses were deserved, I would stand up and take it like a man, BUT the losses werent deserved. Its not my or anyone else's fault from Loretto that the officials call the way they do. It just always works out we get the majority of the bad calls. I agree with PageMan when he said teams must adapt to bad officiating. Maybe thats something Loretto needs to work on... I dont know. I just state the game as I see it. Alot of the calls that have been made recently at Loretto games have been unnecessary or thing called too often (like fouls). So, in conclusion: Ill take the loss when I feel the officiating is halfway decent.