white station or bradley central

thsstatebound04

Consistantly two teams are going to make it to the state from Memphis, because the rest of the west posses no real threat to stand in there way. Usually these two teams are going to be in the top Four teams in the state. They will never have the chance to meet each other until the finals. The state either needs to move to a seeded tournament or they need to blind draw the whole tounament. To automatically seperate teams from the same region gives that region an advantage, whatever that region may be. It just happens more often with the west region. You would have to agree that making it to the region is much harder than making it to the state for a Memphis team. Once your the top two in the region you like your chances to make it to the state.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo O.P.P., I actually had to read my post again to make sure I didn't say that open enrollment was the only reason White Station is good. And you know what, I didn't say that. And if open enrollment has ended, it ended this year. Whatever the reason, no one will argue that for the past 5 yrs. W.S. has had some great athletes come through. Sometimes these things go in cycles, five years from now they may not be so good. I will say this, being the best school in Memphis (the hot bed for basketball talent in Tn.) is a plus.

WaCo :D JaCo...over & out

Great posts Opperman...

And what was the post about Hare playing with the Ballerz leading to me picking Bradley??? I have players at many AAA schools, and don't think those teams are #1. Likewise, I have no players for MEmphis Fairley, and think they may be better than Bradley... You're using false logic... I had no starters on the White Station team last year, and no White STation player had ever played a game with the Ballerz at that point, yet I consistently said White Station was the best in the State, as well as the year before that...

Memphis is obviously dominant, but WEst Tn as a whole is pretty darned good as well. Top to bottom it is dominant over the rest of the state. Take "average" non-Memphis West Tn teams just in AA (teams that aren't Top 5 in the West or so), and you still have Humbolt, Union City, Dyer Co, Milan, Lexington, Camden, Liberty, Chester Co, Covington, Ripley, Westview, etc... all teams that are better than almost every Middle AND East Tn AA school, with the exception of Giles. Austin East, Fulton, and MLK are on par with these teams. Camden may be the lowest rated of that group, and still beat one of Middle Tn's best AA's in Waverly... And we're not even talking about Memphis here...

And to those that ask what would happen in the event of a BC win....... anything can happen in a matchup of two great teams. BC could very well win that game, but on the whole, I think White Station is the better team...

Oh, and finally, about open enrollment. Yes, White Station has talent, but what separates them from the rest is Coaching combined with great talent... Hamilton, East, Ridgeway, Fairley, and others are just as talented, if not more. Open enrollment does not necessarily load up schools with talent. The amazing talent pool in Memphis loads schools up with talent...

it's funny opperman your excuse for saying the west is the best is cuz people "trash your town".....but i constantly read on these boards from almost every person associated in the west that the west is head and shoulders above the rest of the state. when you say that people feel a loyalty and a need to stand up for their team and their region, which is why they say west isn't the best. don't turn it into a double standard. if you don't want people to talk about the west and memphis in general then don't try and downgrade teams from other regions just cuz they aren't from the all mighty city of MEMPHIS!!

Its amazing with Memphis having so much talent,that Memphis State,err U of M,Hasnt won 30 straight national Titles in basketball with all that great Talent laying at there doorstep.I mean, even those who arent TOP Div 1 prospects,all the hundreds that are left,Memphis should win it all.....I think the powers that be are conspiring against them just to hold them back so they cant really show how good they really are in there on minds.Dang the man!!!!! :ph34r:

Oh, pardon me ... I could have sworn that a moderator was one who moderates. Shouldn't that mean you, too, Opperman? Oh, yes ... here it is, the definition according to The American Heritage Dictionary, 2000:

Moderator: n. 1. One who or that which moderates. 2. One who presides over a meeting, forum, or debate holding or characterized by ideas or convictions that are not extreme or radical, keeping or kept within reasonable limits; temperate.

I'm not certain, but I am pretty sure that means a moderator doesn't become ensconced in the feud. For the definitions of the other complicated words included within this definition, please see dictionary.

Let's stick to b-ball.

I don't know what the big deal is about who is better WS or BC? BC may beat WS in the Arby's or vice versa, but does that mean one is better than the other? Well, on that night it does. Both teams are quality with obviously quality coaches and players. Bradley has three D1 players and White Station does too. Both have A-1 coaches. The difference in the past has been in the supporting cast and bench. In the past the nod has gone to WS but I would have to say that for the first time I give BC a chance. It is not just a Pickel, Hare Pugh show this year. Brown and Suiter have developed into excellent players. Hammonds would start for almost any team in the state. I would hate to be the team to win in arby's if they go head to head because my bet would be that the two would split if they played twice. But once February and March gets here there is no guarantee that these two will both make it. Sure they should face in the finals of the arby;s and the state but things have to work out just right. Instead of arguing about which one is the best let's just say that both are excellent teams and hope that the two best teams in the state meet again the last game of the state. Good luck to both teams this year!

Consistantly two teams are going to make it to the state from Memphis, because the rest of the west posses no real threat to stand in there way. Usually these two teams are going to be in the top Four teams in the state. They will never have the chance to meet each other until the finals. The state either needs to move to a seeded tournament or they need to blind draw the whole tounament. To automatically seperate teams from the same region gives that region an advantage, whatever that region may be. It just happens more often with the west region. You would have to agree that making it to the region is much harder than making it to the state for a Memphis team. Once your the top two in the region you like your chances to make it to the state.

Would you rather let all the regions have a chance to send up to 8 teams to Murfreesboro? I'm guessing folks wouldn't like it when four Memphis teams would go every year.

Oh, pardon me ... I could have sworn that a moderator was one who moderates. Shouldn't that mean you, too, Opperman? Oh, yes ... here it is, the definition according to The American Heritage Dictionary, 2000:

Moderator: n. 1. One who or that which moderates. 2. One who presides over a meeting, forum, or debate holding or characterized by ideas or convictions that are not extreme or radical, keeping or kept within reasonable limits; temperate.

I'm not certain, but I am pretty sure that means a moderator doesn't become ensconced in the feud. For the definitions of the other complicated words included within this definition, please see dictionary.

Let's stick to b-ball.

The American Heritage Dictionary wasn't written with message boards in mind. As a professional moderator, I wouldn't get involved in the debates. I'm not a professional moderator, I get zilch for being a moderator. All being a moderator here entails is being a first line of defense to lock threads or delete posts when coacht isn't here to handle it himself. And also so he doesn't have to spend ALL of his free time on this site rather than 90% of it.

Opperman thinks White Station is better. You are upset cus he thinks that.

I'm a moderator, I think that as well. If BC beats them, I'll still say WSHS is better. WSHS has been better over the last few years, and beat them this summer I saw BC lose a game this summer...and WSHS win several times.

VOLNTN-Memphis does have great talent, it's better talent than the rest of the state. They also have a better tradition in basketball than any school in TN or in Mississippi. I'd say Arkansas, UK, and a few other SEC schools are better, but traditionally Memphis has been better than just about any school...including UF.

They had a chance to win the national championship in 1973...but Bill Walton gave probably the best individual national championship performance ever. Hmm can UT say that?

I'm a big UT fan, I go there...but Memphis would have beaten UT the last two years.