Giles win over Loretto

willyp6

I mean I honestly can not believe that there wasn't a post about this win! Where are you SDS? I figured you would have been the first to throw this one in my face!

Giles was able to earn a huge victory over the undefeated Loretto Mustangs the other night. The Lady Cats are beginning to turn their season around and earn a little respect! This is mostly due to the brilliant play of frosh starter Aljanise Ewing and the play, down low, of Robin Leslie! "AJ" has shown that she is not afraid to drive and draw a foul or dish to Robin for an easy J!

Yet, other starters (NO NAMES) tend to hold the ball and look dumbfounded for someone to pass to, dribble in a circle like a 3rd grader, or take a shot with 3 people on them! All that passing is not going to work against good teams! They are going to have to look to drive or get a good shot, and should follow the example set by the freshman! I also don't understand why senior Ashley Gatlin is not getting the minutes that she deserves! She has a lot of experience and at least knows what to do with the ball when she gets it.She is an average scoring threat, but there is no doubt that she should be starting along with one or two others that usually come in late in the game in order to dig the Lady Bobcats out of a hole.

Anyway, Congratulations to the Lady Cats and hopefully we can build on this success! So, SDS & Daisyduke, I'm calling you out; "WHERE'S THE SUPPORT?" Also, Tcross, Chi, and the rest, good job on the cheering! The boys didn't... nevermind! Let's not start that again! Tcross, I know i've heard you talk about some of the things I've mentioned and would love to get some feed back on what you think the girls need to do in order to get back to the Boro'!

LEBRON WHO?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, Loretto was undefeated up to this point. They're a very good team with a lot of potential. They're lights out from behind the arc and are very fast, but need to work on getting the ball down low and could also use a bigger player to block some shots down low! They simply could not stay with Aljanise, and Robin had no problem powering the ball down low. By the end of the game they had to foul and we did not miss our free throws.

Giles could be a very good team! They've found a force to be reckoned with in lightning fast Aljanise Ewing and you can expect Robin Leslie ( a D-1 prospect) to have a great game every night! But, like I said earlier, I feel like some younger players have proven that they are ready to start, and, in my opinion, should start. When Coach Hannah and Parker stop picking favorites and start putting some players that are going to win for them, on the court, then the Lady Cats will return to the dominant level that they once played at!

Overall, a great game for both teams! I look for these two to play for the district championship and, if both continue to improve, the region. Shouts out to Paige Hannah and LHS alum Allie Green!

LEBRON WHO?

Have no fear sds2004 is still here. My computer has been down willyp, so I obviously havent been able to post. Anyway, I agree with you on this one. This win was huge, and maybe it will get some people's attention. I also agree with you saying that Coach Hannah and Parker should stop playing favorites. Don't get me wrong every now and then, you get a good game, but usually it is when he subs in...that is when the heat is turned on. I hope Coach Hannah gets all his ducks in a row before tourney time, because we all know that will be the real test. I think the girls can bring home the gold ball...they have enough talent anyway. Just gotta play hard, with that good ole giles county determination.

score3, in no way did i say that we dominated Loretto! I said that Ewing and Leslie were the main reasons we won, but that Loretto played a great game! Yet, when it came down to it, we hung with ya'll for the whole game and then won it in the fourth! It was not a dominant performance by either team. Thanks for those great scores, but you happened to leave out the only one that matters!

Loretto has some great shooters, but had no one who could match up with Robin down low. This game was won in the paint, and its hard to compete when you don't have someone Robin's size.

I'm sure Loretto will recover and things should get interesting when tournament time rolls around!

LEBRON WHO?

Here is the box score from "The Tennessean"

Giles Co......5....14...13...17.....49

Loretto......15...12....9.....2......38

Giles Co. 49 - Aldanise Ewing 14, Robin Leslie 13, Aljanise Ewing 11, Chancey Parsons 7, Nikki Lewellyn 3, Amber Lamar 1

Loretto 38 - Jana Cross 11, Rachel Stone 11, Leah Stone 3, Paige Hannah 3, Channing Franklin 3, Laura Birdyshaw 2, Dava Dickson 2, Nikki Reed 2, Jessica Green 1

Three Point Goals:

Giles Co. 1 (Lewellyn)

Loretto 2 (R. Stone, L. Stone)

Team Free Throws:

Giles Co. 26 of 43 (60.5%)

Loretto 8 of 12 (66.7%)

I'd have to agree with mas1821 that this game was won at the foul line.

Edited by PageMan

Willy, the only that paint had to do with anything is that the officials must have been sniffing it. Truth is, with halfway decent officiating, Loretto is still undefeated. In their two losses, they've been outshot at the line 82 to 32. Maybe we'll get to play straight up 5 on 5 next time and we'll see what happens.