A in 2004

SHORT10

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right jvaughn...my apologies, I was mistaken. 

Cosby did beat Grace Baptist, but I'm not sure what the score was, I think the score was wrong on the schedule here on CoachT.

Actually Cosby beat Grace Christian from here in Knoxville.

This is a private school that is not even listed on CoachT's team list

We did not play Grace Baptist from Chatanooga.

I need to e-mail him again about getting this school added

and having that game changed. That's misleading but I didn't realize

what I had done when I entered our schedule this year until I searched

for directions before the game.

Edited by CosbyEagle

CosbyEagle nothing would make me happier than for you to tell me all about Cosby. Shooters? Size? Depth? Coaching? The only relation i could really make is when i thought before they had beaten the Grace Baptist Academy team from Chatt. by like 40, a team my team, NCS, lost to with a buzzer beater tip-in (shouldn't have been in the situation but we lost nonetheless). Thank you very much for clearing that up and any information you could give me on Cosby would be great. From what i can tell through box scores, strength of schedule so far, and wins they are real solid. Thank you.

Big48Eagle,

I have always been really careful about discussing The Cosby Eagles

players, strengths and weaknesses here on CoachT.com. There are a

lot of players and coaches that visit this site and I don't want to scout

The Eagles for other teams.

I don't mind discussing results or games that we have played at all.

I usually go to about 90% of the away games and haven't missed a

home or tournament game in 3 or 4 years. I will tell you we have a

great coach in Brad Flatford. This is his 3rd year at Cosby and I have

been very impressed with him. 29-3 and a state tournament appearance

last year, his 2nd year.

Get out and watch The Cosby Eagles play if you have a chance this year.

It's always exciting when The Eagles step on the court.

CosbyEagle nothing would make me happier than for you to tell me all about Cosby. Shooters? Size? Depth? Coaching? The only relation i could really make is when i thought before they had beaten the Grace Baptist Academy team from Chatt. by like 40, a team my team, NCS, lost to with a buzzer beater tip-in (shouldn't have been in the situation but we lost nonetheless). Thank you very much for clearing that up and any information you could give me on Cosby would be great. From what i can tell through box scores, strength of schedule so far, and wins they are real solid. Thank you.

Nice try, Big48. I know Ive tried that many times in the cross country boards. If you find a way to ask that works, let me know....

I wasn't trying to really get a bunch of info on the team to write down or anything and study, i was just merely curious as to what kind of players they have and style they play. Thank you for what you did say though, CosbyEagle, it's good to know you support them well enough to not totally give them away. Considering their location and schedule i more than likely won't get to see them play this year, and the chances of them meeting my team down the road would only be in the state tourney, but again other teams players and coaches that do play Cosby could get your information. Best of luck to Cosby throughout the season.

CPA just manhandled Grace Baptist (who beat NCS this year) and beat Temple by 13 on the road this weekend at Temple. After a bad perfromance at NCS before Christmas, they have regrouped, added a great player in Austin Hobgood (19 points against Temple), and are poised to make some noise in 1A.

They have only lost to NCS and College Heights on the road.

I would have to agree that with CPA improving and getting some big wins they are definitely a solid 1A team, but also have a tough district to compete in with DCA, FRA, Goodpasture especially, and in the region overall NCS, and possibly even a Davidson or McEwen, depending on the night. CPA did beat NCS in double OT at CPA, but i would remind you that NCS came back and beat them at home by 17 (?) without NCS's leading scorer. I think the main thing actually right now is that its still too early to see. Like it has been said on many other threads the teams that win in the end are the teams playing best at that time and most consistently. That being said, CPA is looking good right now for sure.

I would have to agree that with CPA improving and getting some big wins they are definitely a solid 1A team, but also have a tough district to compete in with DCA, FRA, Goodpasture especially, and in the region overall NCS, and possibly even a Davidson or McEwen, depending on the night. CPA did beat NCS in double OT at CPA, but i would remind you that NCS came back and beat them at home by 17 (?) without NCS's leading scorer. I think the main thing actually right now is that its still too early to see. Like it has been said on many other threads the teams that win in the end are the teams playing best at that time and most consistently. That being said, CPA is looking good right now for sure.

Good post, Eagle, and I agree with your points. CPA's region is tough and it will be a dogfight. I do think one thing CPA has in its favor is depth, which allows them to apply pressure to teams and wear out those with less depth.

NCS has great shooters and are extremely well coached. CPA's loss at NCS was primarily a gutsy perfromance by NCS combined with CPA bailing out NCS with too many fouls on the press, and never using their size to score down low. Watching CPA at Temple, you could tell the NCS loss helped them as they corrected some of those mistakes.

It will be a real battle between DCA, Goodpasture, NCS and CPA (and maybe others) in the Region. it always is - that's what makes it fun.

I think the fouls on the press where apparent in both games, just only called in 1. That being said, i feel NCS improved from their first meeting with CPA to their second, and those adjustments made it possible for them to execute, better defend, and of course those guys on the floor in the crazy shirts called the press fouls. I felt bad after our game at CPA because we lost, but even worse bcuz some different guys in those crazy shirts allowed them to "molest" our players bringing the ball up the court.