Who were the 5 best!

arnwine

I love a similiar post that asked everyone to rank their school's best player. It helps me remember the good old days.

My question is who are the 5 best in this state's history?

1. Jennifer Azzi - Oak Ridge

Multiple state titles, 2 national championships at Stanford, multiple olympics, all-american, and STILL playing. Voted as one of the top 10 women;s players of all-time by the hall-of-fame.

2. Holly warwick - Bearden

The oldest of my picks. Ushered in Womens Basketball to this state. Another Olympian and 4 year starter at UT and multiple All-American. Redefined the women's game.

3. Karen Morten - Lake City

Miss Basketball, Parade All-American, 1st Tennesee woman to dunk. Injuries decimated her in college, could have been one of the best ever. Tony Cross (Head Coach at Belmont) was her high school coach. Ask him how good this girl was.

4. Shelia Frost - Giles County

High School coach didn't know what she had. 2 national championships at UT and a great European career. At Oak Ridge or Shellbville she would have been all world.

5. Carolyn Peck - Jefferson County (I think)

Went on to be a star at Vandy and coach Purdue to a title. Again, no instruction in high school, but still a dominating player.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat Head Summitt

Jessica Henson-Bradford.

I know that last one is a little crazy, but she was one of the best High School players that I have ever seen. She was unable/chose not to showcase her talent on a higher level (although Union has a top-notch program). She was the NAIA Player of the Year last year.

Tonya Tuggles-Bradford

Michelle Street- Bradford

Tiffany Adkins-Gibson Co.

Jessica Henson-Bradford

Holly Milligan-gibson co.

if these five were on a team and started they would be unstoppable i understand that some people may have never heard of em but take it from me i grew up watchin em play and they all were very good