District 4A

kingbrian3

The Oneida Lady Indians are looking great right now. They had some region wins at Harriman as well as defeating a very good AA Kingston team. Veteran players and rookie players are finding their harmony and playing VERY WELL. The freshmen and 2 sophomores won a tournament at Anderson Co last weekend and had a great showing. Look for this team to once again be in the running. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES !! Good luck to all teams.

The lady Indians did not look good last night. They lost to Sunbright by 12 at Sunbright yesterday night. They just didn't play to their potential, and this coudl hurt them in the district standings. I still think they are one of the best teams, they werre on a 7 game winning streak before going to a weaker sunbright team and not playing well. They will be back in flow when the tourneys role around.

I think Harriman is probably favored to win, but Oneida looks good as well. It should come down to these two teams. Wartburg, Sunbright, and Coalfield will be in the mix, although I have not seen Coalfield yet. Rockwood and Oakdale will battle for last with Oakdale probably coming out on top, since Rwood only has freshman. Look out for these girls in a few years. I'm not sure about MVP, Little would have been my guess before the injury, but now who knows. The Pollitt girl is playing well and the post from Oneida, not sure about her name. There doesn't seem to be one dominant player.

Edited by tigersfan

I agree with ya on that one Tigerfan! I think the post you are talkin about for Oneida though is Alisha Abbott, but Katie Sexton had a great game against sunbright the other night despite the 12 point lose. Harriman has great post too, but without Little...right now is the best chance for the district standings to change.