Union Co. ClassLess

mbrooks

Patriotfan45, this is about BB. I said if what mbrooks said was true. His or her post is about BB. I've seen many times in the past that the UC was on the other end of the score and it was not pleasant to watch, and very demoralizing to the players. If it is true he is doing a good job but needs to learn how to be a gracious winner, and act like he has won before.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, mbrooks you might be a smart guy if you knew what you were talking about. Coach Jessie played the starters a quarter and a half in the first half and the first four minutes in the 3rd quarter. The only senior that played was a kid who was playing in his first game this year and coach was just trying to get him some minutes. We never pressed in the second half, although at times we played a token full court man to man. In the locker room, Coach stated that he had been on both ends before and to show respect and class throughout the game. You are right he is an educator and he was teaching what was right in life. As for the waterboy, thanks I know I look like I was our manager. And directly for Relaxed1, you haven't ever had a single kind word for anything dealing with athletics at UC. If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all. You more than anyone should know our basketball program has struggled in recent years, but we are 6-3 this year and in the hunt for the district. Before, you make anymore comments come watch one of our games! The only class not shown last night was from West Greene, but have they ever had any?

Well now aben589934, Seniors and/or more experienced players were playing against freshmen they were fouling and full court court pressing just to get the ball back and score 100 points. Your coaches, fans,even your security guards( the rent-a-cops ) were cheering them on, and I think even a official ( you know the one who called a technical foul at the 99 point mark then whipped it off after a confrence with the other officials! )I don't know if everyone in Maynardville is like that, but it doesn't look very good. There is an old saying " Lead by example".

I don't know if this is the case or not but sometimes it is the style of play that causes these blowouts and not something intentional. Just reading the box score in the newspaper Union Co. had 10 players score so they must have used their bench quite a bit. Austin East would always press in the fourth quarter when they played Union Co. up by several points, but that was just their style of play, and they always played their bench, but I don't think they intentionaly tried to run up the score. West Greene is a small school and evidently very young as well so this is something they may have to endure for a couple of years.

If it is any consolation to West Greene fans the seniors on Union's team should remember how it feels when they were Soph's they played at G-P and were down at halftime 46-7, and lost by a score similar to yours but in the rematch took G-P to the wire before loosing a close one.

Whoever started this really doesn't know what he is talking about. Posting a lie is a "classless" thing to do. UC's starters played 2 quarters. Look at the books! The 2 high scorers might have had 40 points apiece if they had stayed in the game, but the coach took them all out as he shoud have. UC had 59 points at the half. West Greene turned the ball over a lot and UC took advantage of it. The bench scored most of the rest of the points. Again, look at the books. As for the 2 seniors who played in the 4th, it was the 1st game of the season for one and he did not play in the 1st half. The other just started playing on the team this year and probably played a total of 2 quarters last night. Is it all right for the coach to let them get more game experience?

The football comments are irrelevant to this discussion. UC's bballplayers and coaching staff are trying to put together a good season after changing coaches for 3 straight years. I don't know why anyone wants to make things up. but I guess it's your problem. I DO think that if you want to find fault, you should talk about something that really happened. Please look at WG's record. They are struggling this year. All of their games' scores look the same. UC made no great effort to reach 100. It just happened. A closer game would have been more fun.

It is incredible how often posts on this site are like this. It would be a lot better if everyone would only talk about what they know about. Way too much gets said that's not based on fact. That's why I usually ignore it and I guess I should now.

The football comments are not irrelevant since the coach is one in the same. If you will take time to read and try to understand how it got there you can see that they are not. Yes this is basketball and they are having a great year and I wish them the best of luck. But it doesn't erase the fact that this system hires to help it own and not the teams. Coach Jessie may be a great basketball coach (and can see why he may have gotten the job he was an elementary coach) when it is said and done, I hope so, but give up the football now so that maybe we can get a coach. Don't wait till the last minute. You were only there for one reason, your job is done, do the right thing by these kids.

Whoever started this really doesn't know what he is talking about. Posting a lie is a "classless" thing to do. UC's starters played 2 quarters. Look at the books! The 2 high scorers might have had 40 points apiece if they had stayed in the game, but the coach took them all out as he shoud have. UC had 59 points at the half. West Greene turned the ball over a lot and UC took advantage of it. The bench scored most of the rest of the points. Again, look at the books. As for the 2 seniors who played in the 4th, it was the 1st game of the season for one and he did not play in the 1st half. The other just started playing on the team this year and probably played a total of 2 quarters last night. Is it all right for the coach to let them get more game experience?

The football comments are irrelevant to this discussion. UC's bballplayers and coaching staff are trying to put together a good season after changing coaches for 3 straight years. I don't know why anyone wants to make things up. but I guess it's your problem. I DO think that if you want to find fault, you should talk about something that really happened. Please look at WG's record. They are struggling this year. All of their games' scores look the same. UC made no great effort to reach 100. It just happened. A closer game would have been more fun.

It is incredible how often posts on this site are like this. It would be a lot better if everyone would only talk about what they know about. Way too much gets said that's not based on fact. That's why I usually ignore it and I guess I should now.

You are full of BS, if you were there you would know. Anyone that would leave such a response is also CLASSLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Kev, yea I have been out since December 16. I tore all my ligaments in my ankle and foot against Claiborne. I went to the doctor today to get cleared but it is still going to take longer. The earliest I will be back (a miracle) is for Rutledge next Tuesday. You know me though when it counts I will be there. As for Mbrooks, as PZ said I have been there before. Yea it is embarassing to get beat like that but you know what we didn't complain. Instead, we worked that much harder to get better and should have beat GP at home. Sportmanship is always an important part of the game, and I believe we showed that. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise. The old lady who sit behind our bench at West Greene last year and cussed us the whole game wasn't exactly classy either!

West Greene, who hasn't won a game this season, was beaten by Rutledge 87-45, Rutledge scored 20 in the 3rd & 18 in the 4th quarters. WG was beaten 94-55 by Jefferson Co. who scored 20 in the 3rd & 28 in the 4th. WG was beaten by Sevier Co. 86-40 and Sevier outscored them 24-4 in the 4th quarter. Cosby beat them 82-49 and scored 21 in the 3rd & 24 in the 4th quarter. All these scores sound the same. Union County won 102-40 and scored 17 in the 3rd and 26 in the 4th. I checked on knoxpreps and Union had 5 scorers in double figures. 1 senior had 12 points, 2 juniors scored 22 & 17 (something like that), and 2 sophomores scored 14 & 10 apiece. I quess UC must be loaded like Rutledge, Sevier, Jefferson, & Cosby. All of these teams must have classless coaches. I don't think so! I know no one likes to get beat that bad, but looks to me like West Greene just doesn't have alot of talent this season. All who go after someone personally, why don't you just go straight to the person and talk to them about it. Don't use this board, it's about basketball, not how someone made you feel because you lost badly.

First of all I am a student at Union County High School and I was at the game on tuesday night so I know the whole story of what is going on, and I will say that I am no basketball player I wrestle for our wrestling team but I happen to know a thing or two about basketball. mbrooks apprently you do not(I am not getting on here to bash anyone or any school). The union county players I feel did no wrong along with the coaching staff as well. West Greene is just inexperienced and thats all you can say. If a west greene player turns the ball over, what is the union county player suppost to do, give it back to them, I think not. I could see your point if UC played its starters more than two and a half quarters but they didn't. If you want to talk about class then look at your head coach(I am also not trying to bash him, I don't even know the man) but if the game has a minute left in it then why would the coach be up ranting a raving enough to get a technical foul when he knew he could not win the game. I mean this whole thing is just ridiculous. Go and ask one of these little Division 2 schools how they feel after they play Duke or North Carolina. They don't go around crying to the NCAA or anything like that about them scoring points. The same night as UC scored 102, Duke won 99 to 40 something. I am in no way comparing UC to Duke I'm just saying that its a part of the game, good teams run into bad teams and when it happens it just happens. So maybe what I'm trying to say is that this should be a dead issue, and as far as anyone like patriotbballer who gets on here with the simple intent to bash a school or a team, you sir or mam have no class yourself, this is just a group of teenagers who love to play the game. I wish west greene the best of luck for the rest of there season and maybe people like mbrooks can see where I'm coming from and just realize that its part of the game.

Maybe basketball will one day look at wrestling for a rules change. When a 15 point difference in the score is achieved then the match is over. Maybe basketball could do the same.

So maybe what I'm trying to say is that this should be a dead issue, and as far as anyone like patriotbballer who gets on here with the simple intent to bash a school or a team, you sir or mam have no class yourself, this is just a group of teenagers who love to play the game.

Well mr. wrestler, take off your rose tinted glasses. 1. WWF is fake. 2. Take a class on comprehending what you read. 3. Pressing a team in the fourth quarter with a 50-60 point lead is BUSH LEAGUE plain and simple, regardless of who is in the game. 4. It is not a reflection on the players as I said before, but is a reflection on the coach, and the school he represents as well, and I guarantee that if West Greene is ever in the position to return the favor they will.

I think only the guy who started this said they pressed the whole game, everyone else says they didn't, point is, everyone has beaten WG by 35 or more, why get mad now. Again, If you have a personal against the coach GO TO HIM. I like to read info. not slander. Some of you need to focus! GO JC Patriots!