Union Co. ClassLess

mbrooks

This post was not intended to "tick" anyone off, except the coach of Union Co. The players are only doing what they are told, the fans get caught up in the moment and a box score is on paper.

1. West Greene is not very good and get beat badly on a regular basis.

2. They are real young ( 1 senior, 1 junior and 9 freshmen).

3. The West Greene coach got a technical foul towards the end of the game

because of the way the Union Co. coach was conducting himself and felt he was taken advantage of because of his teams youth (as 100 points is the ultimate slap in the face).

4. West Greene beat UC, at home, in football last year and twice, one at UC and one in the district tournament in basketball last year. It may be a revenge factor, I see a heated rivalry forming, with not much sportsmanship being displayed.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well mister patriotbballer, it is interesting to note just how much you know about sports, high school wrestling is nothing like what you see on TV, high school wrestling is a sport, WWF is just sport entertainment. I think its funny that you just try to take cheap shots when you can, maybe the next post should be about you being classless. I posted my opinion on this subject without bash or bad mouthing a single person. You apparently can not do that. I'm not sure what kind of grudge you hold against Union County High School. I would like to know if are playing or have played on our team because if so you should don't show it in the way you talk about our school system. As for the pressing issue, you apparently also wasn't at the game and truly don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. We didn't run a full court press the second half. I also have a good question for you mr. patriotbballer, since you apparently know far more about the subject then I, If your playing basketball and the other team your playing against loses control of the ball and you recover it are you going to call time out and just hand the ball right back to them and say sorry. I don't know if thats how you play but thats not how Union Co. or anyone else in the country. I know I might have used words that are above your reading level, so if you will post and let me know I will try to use smaller words that maybe you could understand.

I'm a cheerleader for West Greene (WG). I know, great you get to hear the cheerleader's opinion now. But, like you all have said WG has a young team, and we haven't won a game this season. I know this first hand, I have been at every single game. The majority of the time we do get beat by a large margin, but I believe the Union County (UC) game has been the worst by far. You can say that we are just mad that we got beat, but personally I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me. I don't like it when we lose, but when it happens you don't get mad about it, its just a game. But what bothers me is that the coach had the majority of his starting team in against our all freshman team; just to try to score a hundred points. Like someone mentioned earlier, Rutledge and other schools could have easily scored over a hundred without all the fouling, but they chose to have some 'class' and not do so. The fans (including the cops and other adults behind me) really didn't show any class either. When we play a home basketball game an annoucment is made about 'sportsmanship' when you all come to WG maybe you need to listen to this annoucment or maybe make one similiar at your ballgames. The UC cheerleaders didn't have much more sportsmanship than anyone else either. I think its just horrible for a cheerleader to 'boo' their opposing team. But, back on the actual topic...how much longer was the game made by fouling? I'm not blaming any team members, they are only doing what they are told. But, I do believe that the fouling just to try to score made the game at least thirty minutes longer. I had an hour and a half drive home, and 2 hours of homework to do on top of that. I know this may not make the matter any worse to you, but it does it to me. However, just the intial thing of the way UC played just to score 100 points is really 'classless' as mbrooks says.

laduke, patriotballer, & relaxed1 why don't you go up to the coach and say these things to him. This is a basketball board. Your obsession with bashing this guy is not for this board. I don't read the football board, go their and slander him there. At least then us basketball fans could read about basketball.

What baffles me in reading all this non sense is how could 10 different players (2 bench players who scored in double digits) score if the starters were left in the whole game. In order to score, a player must be on the floor. Something just isn't adding up here. Also, if the starters were left in then West Greene did a great job in the second half only getting outscored 43-27. I am also having a really hard time in believing Oxley and Grigsby played the whole second half only to combine for 2 points when they had 40 at halftime. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL you will understand what I am talking about. Although the majority of the people on here don't!

hailmary03 you are right there was no starters in the second half and good reply. About and the cheerleader that posted earlyer you need to watch the game more because you dont have a clue what you are talking about im not sure how many fouls we had in the fourh quarter but it was not that many and any time you have sophomores and freshman in the game who dont ever get to play they are going to have a few fouls.

I keep seeing you don't know anything about basketball and how the game is played. While I don't have a son or daughter that plays basketball for West Greene.(I am actually from Morristown, which is in between Greeneville and Maynardville), I just love the game and like to see players play and show good sportsmanship.

I have seen them all From Chattanooga to Bristol, like Pickel & Hare from Bradley Central, a great back court duo, I put them just in front of Singleton & Day from Rutledge. The Simpson kid in Morristown looks very good. Greeneville has sent 5 players to the next level over the past 3 seasons. Secince Hill, in Johnson City plays the best defense in the state. Cosby has 3 pure long range shooters. Austin-East will run and gun. D-B in Kingsport, well they just find a way to win. South Greene will most likely win the district.Tyler Gaskin(Maryville) is having a good year after Lee Humphrey went on to play at Florida.

I can be seen at a basketball game almost every night,and I go to the state tournament almost ever year.

So, as you can see I do know basketball, I don't have a horse in this race. I just know what I saw in Maynardville the other night and it was upseting.

hailmary03 you are right there was no starters in the second half and good reply. About and the cheerleader that posted earlyer you need to watch the game more because you dont have a clue what you are talking about im not sure how many fouls we had in the fourh quarter but it was not that many and any time you have sophomores and freshman in the game who dont ever get to play they are going to have a few fouls.

Just because I am a cheerleader doesn't mean I don't know anything about basketball, and I do watch the game. There were plenty of fouls in the 4th quarter, and the majority of them in the last couple of minutes. This will be my last post on this board, because this is stupid. Basketball is a game, a source of entertainment, not something to debate or to get ridiculously angry about. The guy that started this board seems to know what he was talking about, and has apparently seen a lot of basketball. It seems to me that he posted to make a statement about sportsmanship not to argue.