Blount County Freshman

TnVols23

I loved how Alcoa packed in that 2-3 zone the entire game. Alcoa seemed scared to me because they knew of Maples driving and passing ability, and they knew the posts potential, so the cut that off by the 2-3. Maryville was cold last night so thats the only reason why Alcoa won that came to me because all they played was a 2-3

I'll give it to Kyrus....the kid has a serious handle and is a great player. TnVols23, you have to admit yourself, the officiating was terrible and that got Maryville players into foul trouble early, many coming off bad and unneccesary calls.

Again Derek Hunt was out with sickness, Huskey was sick, and Josh Allen left the game early with foul trouble and then later with an ankle sprain. These aren't excuses, Maryville got beat, but im just saying it for the record. Maryville has a lot of depth, its just that the coach doesn't know what to do with it.

Maryville and Alcoa split it this year and i think it will be a great rivalry for the future.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved how Alcoa packed in that 2-3 zone the entire game. Alcoa seemed scared to me because they knew of Maples driving and passing ability, and they knew the posts potential, so the cut that off by the 2-3.

Thats not being scared, thats being Smart, just in case you didnt know. You know the whole point of the game, is to make adjustments that will help you to win, and thats exactly what we did.

Jordan or Justin........that set shot will be easily blocked at the varsiy level thus making it ineffective. How many Varsity players shoot set shots? You will see some in the girls game but not the boys. I don't guess Jordan will be allowed to play for the lady tornadoes...........but then who knows.

Watch the game and then you will see Mayville using there depth. At the varsity level depth is a must with the game at a much faster pace.

Sheesh........I'm arguing with a pimple faced teenager.

And as for you, Justin is already playing varsity and he doesn't have to much trouble there, I guess he just makes things work. And since I did watch the game, you know, because I was there, I remember MAYBE 4 people coming in off of the bench, and not causing much trouble. If I remember correctly, Alcoa had 3 People come of the bench and be a lot more productive. As for your remark about Jordan, maybe if you watched closely or saw a practice, you would realize that Jordan is just as tough and nitty-gritty as the rest of us.

But Sheesh......What do I know?

Alcoa and maryville had another great one wensday night. With Justin Ridenour and Tyler Maples going at it again. I feel the so called "other ridenour" got the better end of the matchup tonight going 5-7 from three point land. SET SHOT hey it works against maryville and maryville can't shoot a lick.....they couldn't throw the ball into the ocean.....maples was bout 4-20 and the rest of the team was not far behind. I ain't giving the edge to alcoa either because besides jordan alcoa couldn't hit a three. Justin Ridenour used several jump stops (NOT WALKS) to penetrate the maryville defense and get several and ones. Rae was a force on the boards and Kyrus was dominate once again. Wit Justin and Kyrus that is a great one to much wit jordan and rae pickin up the slack. Maryville may have mor depth but it don't show....alcoa out played them and out hustled them no matter what anyone says. Maybe next year Rebs

Again Derek Hunt was out with sickness, Huskey was sick, and Josh Allen left the game early with foul trouble and then later with an ankle sprain.

I can see why Maryville lost. Not having Derek hurt. Derek is the man!!! Uncle Marion will have to pull for Maryville since Derek is playing at Maryville. Uncle Marion will have to give up the Red n Blue of Heritage for the Red n Black of Maryville.

hahahahah...that actually makes me laugh Tnvols23, last time i checked Maryville beat Alcoa last time they played so i dont know where you get this crap about the best team in the county. Also, didnt Alcoa lose to Loudon. Sorry to break it to ya but Loudon wasnt very good this year. How many times has alcoa lost this year? Last time i heard it was 3. Maryville, Austin East, and Loudon. Maryville beat loudon twice. How many losses does maryville have? Yea the answer would be two. Alcoa might have been the best that night, but obbviously not the other night they played when maryville came oout on top.