Weekly Carter County Top 5

coachh17

Rainman, its been awhile, I missed my little trips through Single A La-La Land. Generally, your post defy logic to the point that a reply is pointless, but I'll try once again to jolt you back into reality. Lest I remind you, EHS went to the AA Substate last year and currently stand at 4-0 and first place in their 8 team AA league. Give them some credit.

I had the pleasure of watching Unaka play at a tournament in the UpperCumberland a month or so ago and i would definately put them at the top of Carter County. I noticed Coach17 where you got on a post about Livingston Academy vs Jackson County and said a few things that weren't very nice about Jackson County, and i see your post where you are saying that Elizabethton is 4-0 in first place and you went to the Substate last year, i also have seen where your always ragging Unaka, a Class A school. As long as we are quoting facts, heres one for ya, Elizabethton wouldn't get out of the district tournament in 7AA to make it to the regions let alone play in a substate game, so if your looking for some credit or respect, and you say that Jackson County and Livingston Academy doesn't impress ya, why are you continually getting beat by teams we beat by we beat by 40 and 50 points? Ya'll got beat by Dobyns Bennett, Dobyns Bennett comes over to middle tn and plays in a tournament and gets beat by Pickett County by 35. Pickett County the gets beat by Brentwood Academy in this same tournament by 41 points! Jackson County then turns around and beats Brentwood Academy by 4 at Brentwood! Thats a point differential of -81 for Elizabethton. So tell me why would you say this.....

I think both teams are overrated. Neither team will win a state title this year. Just remember ,you saw it here first.
The only thing overrated is you in my book, you continue to get on posts about Jackson County and run your mouth, if your team is so good bring it on over, i'm sure we can work something out, i for one agree with the people that say Elizabethton is scared to play real competition, and if anyone looks at your schedule its real easy to see that you have scheduled no "Power House" teams in any classification whether it be A,AA,AAA DivII. But then again, those 28-4 or 30-2 records look good hangin on the banners from the gym rafters don't they! :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

devilfanatic:

your name is so appropriate...Mr Fanatic.

EHS lost by one to DB after blowing a double digit fourth qtr lead. Redd did not dress (illness) and Baughman got hurt in the first two minutes. Now for score comparisons, Sullivan North beat DB by 4 two weeks ago; last week EHS beat North at North by 22; EHS beat Crockett by 33, yet Crockett just beat

Tenn High by 5, which beat EHS earlier by double digits; my point is that point differentials in BB really dont mean squat, unless of course you are a fanatic (nut).

BTW, as for EHS schedule, ever heard of Daniel Boone..........no not the frontiersman, the girls BB team; check the AP poll, they are there, undefeated and ranked in AAA.......the cyclones played them a tough game their third game of the season and I think would have a chance to beat them now. As for DB, EHS will get its chance at revenge in a couple weeks. We will see if you analysis holds up that night. Adios Mr Fanatic (Nut).

I had the pleasure of watching Unaka play at a tournament in the UpperCumberland a month or so ago and i would definately put them at the top of Carter County.

I agree with you post. I just highlighted this part to avoid quoting the whole thing.

To add to your quote, the Unaka coach told me that Jackson County had invited them to their tournament next year. To me, if a Single "A" team is invited to a tournament down their, they must be doing something right.

I will tell you this, if you guys invited Elizabethton they would not show. They won't play a tough schedule and it may end up hurting them come tournament?!

I hope I get to go to the tournament next year. It would be a good measuring stick as to how you stand statewide.

BTW, as for EHS schedule, ever heard of Daniel Boone..........no not the frontiersman, the girls BB team; check the AP poll, they are there, undefeated and ranked in AAA.......the cyclones played them a tough game their third game of the season and I think would have a chance to beat them now. As for DB, EHS will get its chance at revenge in a couple weeks. We will see if you analysis holds up that night

Actually no i have never heard anything about Daniel Boone girls basketball, but i took the liberty to look at their schedule and they don't play anyone either, the only half way decent team they played was Tennessee and they got beat by them, Tennessee got drilled by OakRidge both times they played so no never heard of Daniel Boone and won't hear about them this year. As far as if you beat DB or you don't, who cares? Who is DB? What have they done? My analysis is this, EHS plays no one, schedules no one, all you can come up with on your whole schedule of being tough teams is two, Daniel Who and DB, if we had that schedule we would have a winning streak a mile long, but if we played teams like yall do we wouldnt win the state because you don't get any better playing patsy schedules. EHS is definately afraid of scheduling Unaka for fear of gettting beat by a Class A team in the same county and thats the truth. Unaka would beat EHS, no doubt about it. I give credit where credit is due, Unaka's coach is going out and playing tough competition in order to get better, sheduling teams that he knows his team will have to play their best against to have a shot at winning, thats how you get better. See once you play teams of that calibur, your team will enevitably get better as well, then when you come back home and play teams like EHS its a cake walk! :D

Edited by devilfanatic

I had the pleasure of watching Unaka play at a tournament in the UpperCumberland a month or so ago and i would definately put them at the top of Carter County. I noticed Coach17 where you got on a post about Livingston Academy vs Jackson County and said a few things that weren't very nice about Jackson County, and i see your post where you are saying that Elizabethton is 4-0 in first place and you went to the Substate last year, i also have seen where your always ragging Unaka, a Class A school. As long as we are quoting facts, heres one for ya, Elizabethton wouldn't get out of the district tournament in 7AA to make it to the regions let alone play in a substate game, so if your looking for some credit or respect, and you say that Jackson County and Livingston Academy doesn't impress ya, why are you continually getting beat by teams we beat by we beat by 40 and 50 points? Ya'll got beat by Dobyns Bennett, Dobyns Bennett comes over to middle tn and plays in a tournament and gets beat by Pickett County by 35. Pickett County the gets beat by Brentwood Academy in this same tournament by 41 points! Jackson County then turns around and beats Brentwood Academy by 4 at Brentwood! Thats a point differential of -81 for Elizabethton. So tell me why would you say this..... The only thing overrated is you in my book, you continue to get on posts about Jackson County and run your mouth, if your team is so good bring it on over, i'm sure we can work something out, i for one agree with the people that say Elizabethton is scared to play real competition, and if anyone looks at your schedule its real easy to see that you have scheduled no "Power House" teams in any classification whether it be A,AA,AAA DivII. But then again, those 28-4 or 30-2 records look good hangin on the banners from the gym rafters don't they! :D

Devilfanatic, that quote to Rainman was in reference to Cloudland not Unaka. I think Unaka is legit and have never said otherwise, though they bash Elizabethton at every opportunity. I also said Jackson County has won 4 straight titles which speaks for itself. Had you read all my post, you would see that all I'm saying is that the game scores in the 30's do not indicate the level of past dominance. Also the Austin East comparison was used to show that there may not be a huge talent drop off from 7AA to the rest of the state. Other posters have answered the DB issue for me. I haven't said we will win the state either, but somebody other than a 7AA team might. Relax.... Also, I would love to see Unaka/Elizabethton play a Jackson Co./ Livingston Academy next year, but I do not make the schedules.

Devilfanatic, that quote to Rainman was in reference to Cloudland not Unaka. I think Unaka is legit and have never said otherwise, though they bash Elizabethton at every opportunity. I also said Jackson County has won 4 straight titles which speaks for itself. Had you read all my post, you would see that all I'm saying is that the game scores in the 30's do not indicate the level of past dominance.

No coach what that indicates is defense like you have never seen, and if you never play a team like either of these then you cant comprehend how good they are. I have read your posts and for the most part are negative towards 7AA. For those of you that don't know why i decided to post on this issue i will tell you. #1 i know that Unaka would beat EHS by atleast 15 points if they played, but also Coach17 has decided to get on just about every post that concerns JacksonCounty and take shots at us and Livingston Academy and 7AA as a whole, EHS would finish no better than 5th or 6th in 7AA, thats not bragging thats just the truth, so why you continue to get on posts about 7AA teams and bash the district is beyond me. I guess its just the jealousy thing working here, thats all that i can come up with, but if i was you coach i would take care of business at home and win a title before i started telling other schools who have won multiple state championships over the past 10 -15 years how good they are or aren't. :D Just a thought......

Edited by devilfanatic

Guys, I pull for Carter co every chance I get (even EHS), but we all must face the truth, East TN is weak this year all the way around. You must agree. Brutus you sound some what knowledgable when your not mad, what's your take on this.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I agree with you.

I think, Unaka & South Greene have the best chance of going to the State.

Other teams who could, but I just don't think they are preparing themselves properly with their scheduling, are Daniel Boone & Unicoi Co. are well-coached and may be a little talent deficent this year to go all of the way.

Pigeon Forge (I don't know much about) and Elizabethton (although I think they will go only as far as Baughman will take them, stop her and they are average) have an outside shot.

EHS lost by one to DB after blowing a double digit fourth qtr lead. Redd did not dress (illness) and Baughman got hurt in the first two minutes. Now for score comparisons, Sullivan North beat DB by 4 two weeks ago; last week EHS beat North at North by 22; EHS beat Crockett by 33, yet Crockett just beat

Tenn High by 5, which beat EHS earlier by double digits;

BTW, as for EHS schedule, ever heard of Daniel Boone..........no not the frontiersman, the girls BB team; check the AP poll, they are there, undefeated and ranked in AAA.......the cyclones played them a tough game their third game of the season and I think would have a chance to beat them now. As for DB, EHS will get its chance at revenge in a couple weeks. We will see if you analysis holds up that night. Adios Mr Fanatic (Nut).

Just look at the teams you are all high and mighty about! North, DB, and Crockett are awful!

and BTW, the only reason Elizabethton played Boone is to avoid playing Cloudland. That wasn't such a smart move this year?! They would, however, play UH. Looks like they took a chance by playing them after they routed Cloudland last night.

So, don't ever get on here and try to compare schedules with anyone!!! You guys play 4 (count them 4!) teams with winning records!!!!