Brian Brohm

WesVLT

I've been reading bluegrasspreps.com, Kentucky's version of CoachT, and there's really nothing but speculation regarding Brian Brohm's collegiate destination. Does anyone know when he's going to announce his decision? Where do you think he'll end up?

UT seems like the best choice to me, but I'm a little biased. :(

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nebraska's offensive attack has ALWAYS been the Option; thus, since the Option is never run in the NFL, Husker QBs have always been forced to move to a different position to earn playing time -- see Scott Frost and Eric Crouch. Jammal Lord will have to do the same thing. Nebraska's main NFL talent is found on their offensive line, running back corps, and "blackshirt" defense. It will be interesting to see how things change in this regard with Bill Callahan at the helm. A West Coast offense will initially see a lot of difficulty since the current Huskers were recruited and coached with the Option in mind. In a few years, however, I wouldn't be surprised to see more Florida or California prep stars making the journey to Lincoln, replacing the big, beefy Midwest cornshuckers and opening a new pathway to the NFL. They'll bring an element of team speed to the Big 12 equaled only by Stoops' Oklahoma Sooners, who underwent a similar offensive transition when he took the helm at Norman.

When all is said and done, if Callahan can recruit an effective mix of gargantuan Nebraska-born linemen and zippy NFL-caliber athletes, the Cornhuskers will wither to no one.

Steve Pederson better hope that Callahan turns things around quickly. It is getting extremely bloody out there, with Callahan firing Bo Pelini and a bunch of other coaches. The returning players will be a hard sell to get on board after they've been jerked around. The Nebraska faithful, having seen one style of offense for 30 years, will be even more suspicious of Callahan. It won't be a pretty picture trying to watch those QB's and receivers catch the ball, and those linemen trying to pass block.

On an unrelated note, read where an Alabama recruit decomitted from Auburn because of Alabama's business school-he wants to [/b]major in "pharmaceutical sales." Whew!