COACHING AT GILES COUNTY

2live

This man needs some help bad . If he can't see that Channing Coffey is better than Zach Holt then he needs someone high up to tell him otherwise . Coffey is probrably the second best player on the team . He kept them in the game last night (what little time he was out there on the floor). As soon as Coffey made a mistake Holt would take him out even after he made up for his mistakes by playing great defense. Coffey is the key to Giles County winning another state championship , I just hope by then Coach Holt will be done figured it out . After the game last night , Coach Holt should be getting a clue .

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys aren't the coach, and you certainly haven't won any state championships.

The coach makes the final decisions and thats all that matters. Its not your opinion that counts its the coaches that matters. So get off Zachs back, all you are doing is causing problems within the team.

Maybe Coach Holt thinks that Coffey provides a spark coming off the bench when needed. Most of the time, the 1st person off the bench is there to provide a big spark. There is usually not a big difference in ability from a starter to the 1st player off the bench. Coffey probably plays better off the bench because he can watch a few minutes and mentally adjust to the game and then come in and capitalize on what he saw from the bench. Just an opinion. Whatever Coach Holt is doing, it seems to me it might be working. 1 State Championship, beating a great BA team last night. ?????

Run and gun... That's the name of the game for Giles County. It's a shame too because they could be so much better than they are if they just had a few set plays. I have NEVER seen Shay Shannon come off of a screen and shoot a 3. There are no set plays for Tyler either. Again, it's a real shame to waste that much talent, and that's what won them the championship last year...not coaching!

Guys this is beginning to get out of hand. If you continue to get on here and bash the coaches and players like this there is no telling how the season may end up. Coach Holt is a good coach and has lots of talent on his team. He just needs to discipline the guys a little more and make them listen to him. All coaches know what they are doing or they wouldn't be out there. Who wants to make a fool out of themselves?...that's right...nobody. So give him a break. As for who starts that shouldn't matter a bit. I know coaches who have started some of their second and third string just to knock around the other team and lay some hard fouls on them just to get them mad and out of sync. Then he would send in the five players he wanted and let them get to work on them. As for height and speed. If you have a height advantage over a team you may want to send in all tall players...if you have your speed as an advantage you may want to send in some of your quickest players. So don't fuss at the coach for who he starts. It's who gets the job done during the game that matters and even more who WINS. I don't think at then end of the game you're going to be saying...well we won b/c we started such and such. There's a whole 32 mins to play and the tip off only lasts a few brief seconds. By the way, "bird" your comment was very much appreciated by me. You're right maybe Channing does play better off the bench. There are many players out there like that. As for the people who are jumping on Zach's back...lay off. The team doesn't sit there and say "well i'm better than you so i should be starting over you"...if they did that there would be no team. They just want to win. Everyone has their off nights so don't critique that person just b/c of one bad night. Show the guys a little support and respect and i'm sure they'll give you a great game...NO MATTER WHO'S STARTING.