COACHING AT GILES COUNTY

2live

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm agreeing with wneely! Although talent may be winning these big games and a state championship last year, there's no reason to bash Coach Holt! He's getting wins (and BIG wins at that)! Is that not his job? To win? How about we stop second guessing him until he keeps this team from performing the way they are!

Also, you may not realize it, but the Giles County fans who have gotten on here and bashed on Zach have really gotten into his head! He has begun questioning his ability and his role on the team which may be why he is making mistakes! Wouldn't you question yourself if everytime you made a little mistake, you had someone yelling for coach to take you out? Although taking criticism may be a part of the game, there's no reason in continuing the same old stuff over and over. You have to understand that Channing and Zach have two very different roles on this team! Zach is small, yes, but he knows how to run the point, and once he shakes all these haters off, he'll be fine! Bird was right, Channing plays better off the bench, after he's had a chance to see the tempo of the game, and see where the starters are making their mistakes. Either way, having to make this decision is actually a good thing! I think it's great to have two players with awesome abilities to be able to swap in and out!

Lets just sit back and let the team play and let Coach Holt coach, and enjoy watching some of the best players in the state win another state championship!

LEBRON WHO?

Has anyone noticed Channing Coffey has a swagger about himself when he steps on the court. During the Brentwood academy game he is smiling alot and seems to have alot of confidence in his game which he should. He is no doubt a starter on this team and gives Giles county the best chance of winning. There was a stretch at the end of the game when Givens ran point and Coffey was in and it was obvious they were a better team with that line up. They would have beat Brentwood Academy by ten if that line up played the whole game, it would not of came down to the end. In life half of the people are going to like you for what you say and do and the other half are not. Charles Barkley calls it the 50/50 rule. I am not going to retrack my prevoius statements or sugarcoat statements so they don't hurt people's feelings. I don't see Channing Coffey complaining or any of his supporters about what I say. If I didn't know what I was talking about their wouldn't be any controversy. If I brought a kid down because what I say I am sorry. But at the same time that kid should have never have been put into that position to begin with. Has anyone ever thought maybe I have brought a kid up to where he should have been to begin with?

Maybe Coffee needs to act like a starter! ? This post should be closed ? enough coach bashing and fan bashing ! per haps Ole Missdad should concentrate on MARSHALL county?What is your issue with Giles Co. ?We :Love our girls ! It's not football season! Maybe it's time to close this post! :lol: