Preseasn Polls

cobracoach

The Middle Tennessee Softball Coaches Association will be giving forms for all classification to vote on how they think their district will finish for the 2004 season. The forms are being passed out at the TSSAA rules meeting. This past Monday they were given out in Smithville and the following weeks will be given out at Marshall County and at Hunters Lane. The coaches cannot vote for their team and they will be voting on the top mid-state teams for all classification. We will have the polls out before the start of practice.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the purpose is to get people talking about softball. It will make for interesting reading, and I'm sure interesting discussions. This sport is changing hopefully to become more important in some peoples eyes. Anything that can be done to spark interest is a positive thing. The new coaches association will also field an all academic mid-state team this season. It's purpose will be to draw attention to deserving student athletes. Everyone needs to become involved in the coaches association and promote the game.

Not midstate but it might go along with this thread, here are my early thoughts on 6-AA, not including Sequatchie..1-East Ridge 2-Marion 3-Hixson 4-Bledsoe 5-Arts and Sciences 6-Tyner 7-Grundy 8-Howard (if they have a team). For the area, 1-Baylor 2-Boyd-Buchanan 3-East Ridge 4-Ooltewah 5-Soddy-Daisy 6-Red Bank 7-Central 8-GPS 9-Walker Valley 10-Cleveland

I agree with your assessment of 6AA. D. Lipscomb and Greenbriar lurk in the sectionals.

But really....

Boyd Buchanan, East Ridge and Ooltewah in front of Soddy? I just don't see it.

Here is my opinion:

Baylor, Soddy and the rest aren't even in the same ballpark. You could make the arguement that Soddy lost their number one offensive power and their 2 pitching aces. I can counter that Soddy doesn't rebuild, they simply reload (as per past history).

I believe Red Bank will make Soddy earn it, but they will.

Sometimes these things are not good for the sport but in TN softball it could help build it up more. I believe that it is growing fast and anything that can get Girls, moms, and dads and school systems to talk about it and spread it it will grow. Why does not East and West do the same as Middle is now. THese could speard like a wild fire if we help each other.

The reason we have called it the Middle Tennessee Softball Coaches Association is because we want to see it grow statewide. All we have to do is to drop the Middle and we are covering the whole state. We want to make sure that we did it first class and to try and cover all of our bases (forming non-profit organization, tax ID, charter, by-laws, officers, etc). The baseball association is state wide as well as football, and we do need to make this a statewide organization. We are having another meeting the first Monday night in February at 6 at Ezell-Harding and would encourage other coaches from the state to attend. We have try everyway to make sure all of the middle Tn. coaches have heard about the meetings from calling them to sending letters as well as speaking at the TSSAA rules meetings. Sidetrain I am not sure where you coach but you are invited to attend the next meeting. You can call me at Antioch High School 615-641-5400 ext. 253 or email at cobracoach@yahoo.com fro any information. Hope to hear from you soon.

Coach Conditt