Indepedence High School

ELA

The word on the street is that Independence High School in Franklin, Tennessee will announce the hiring of their new head football coach and BOY IS IT A SHOCKER! I'm not going to say the name but it is a head coach or former head coach from a county nearby! Of course my sources could be way off base, but I don't think so! We'll know something for sure by the end of the week!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead and say the name. We need something to get this board going.

BTW, where is the new high school going to be located and what current schools will be impacted.

It is 6 or 7 miles South of Franklin and will include kids that are located on the South Side of Williamson County and north Spring Hill (in Williamson County). Most of the kids will be pulled from Page High School and Franklin High School. It is a state of the art facility with "all the bells and whistles." They will not play varsity ball until 2005 and will begin as a 5A school. It is located at the corner of HWY 31 South and the new 840 bypass.

I will not post the name at this time because I don't know if he has had time to tell his players he is leaving. As a football coach, I feel like this is important for a coach to do before the facts are presented to the public. ALL I'M SAYING IS THIS HIRE WILL SURPRISE A LOT OF PEOPLE. He is a great coach and will continue his legacy at Independence High School.

Centennial HS will be impacted as well. Franklin seems to be impacted the least. The current 8th graders at Heritage Middle recently had to declare if they wanted to go to the new high school or, if they had a sibling currently attending a certain school, go to the original HS they were zoned.

There will be a lot of changes in the Williamson County zoning situation in the near future. Three schools undersized, one school over-sized, one school at capacity, and a new HS in the next four years for Nolensville, which will impact Ravenwood most. Athletically, the balance of power will shift east and south in the coming years.

My sources inside Marshall County say that Mac McCurry is staying at Marshall County. I know that he was approached personally and denies that he is taking the Independence job. He is supposed to appear on a local TV station tonight and highlight whats going on in the offseason and talk about the latest and greatest of Marshall County Tiger Football.

I hope my sources are correct.

Keep on guessing ...................