Should private schools be able to play public scho

MHSwarriors

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all should know that the only public school that recruits is Milan I mean Rod Smith lives in west carrol come on now. I think we should keep playing private schools gives us State Champs H town Mustangs a lil somthing to talk about. An I must say the H town Mustangs go for another shot next year BE READY!!!!!!!

Folks need to get off the Financial Aid thing. ALL public school students are on FULL financial aid. Also remember that private school parents still pay their taxes that support public schools. Be careful here that we are not promoting mediocrity - create a way to make everyone equal and everyone is happy, ala 5 classes in DI football.

Charlie -- When did you crawl from under your rock ??? Public schools are not full financial aid -- check my post on financial aid thread. If you have a problem with paying taxes and still sending your child to a private school, put him/her in a public school or SHUT UP whining about also supporting Public Schools. That was your decision not any of us who have a child in public schools.

And as far as Public playing Private -- I don't have a problem with that. Marshall County and Lipscomb has become a very good, clean rivalry, in Football that I look forward to each year. I do not think that privates should compete in the same classifications as publics in regards to the championships.

mctigerfan- You are correct about choice. Choice is what America is all about. Then why should the private schools be punished - some of them essentially banned from the true TSSAA arena? Parents have a right to make choices without fear of being accused of everything in the world. TSSAA has a recruiting rule. All the private schools that I know of abide by it. If someone recruits, they should be reported.

Good folks on this Board make general statements all the time about how private schools can/do recruit. They talk about financial aid as an athletic scholarship - there ain't no such thing!! At most of the older private schools, there are more students on FA that don't participate in varsity sports then those that do.

Misinformation and rumors is how this public/private stuff got started and is perpetuated. Go visit a private school. Talk to their admissions people. Ask them about "scholarships". Ask them if their coaches are allowed to recruit athletes. You will either leave with your eyes opened or believing they lied to you.

By the way - I was a member of the MCHS undefeated 1956 football Tigers. And I don't spend time under rocks.

Edited by charlie