The real truth on the Bearden/WB game comes out

HTV

don't waste your time listening to fatjoe....all he wants to do is try to get SD into discussion when really they are a mediocre team that beat bearden on a down night for the bulldogs and have difficulty beating heritage - i think you might agree BHSfootball that even my church league team would beat heritage if you have seen them play

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "press" you refer to is Bearden's full-court man-to-man hard press. Its a man coverage, but its tightest on the guy with the ball. So if two guys are near the ball-handler, the guy not actually guarding him is lax on his man and helping ot trap the ball-carrier. That is what Bearden does.

Not questioning the type of "press" it was, BHS Football. I was questioning the fact that according to Chuck Cavalaris, Coach Blevins said "he did not press the second half." Now even you must admit on that one, that's not completely true.

Wow Bearden poster--this is an insightful and unique post. Lets disect this.

1) they have 2 guys over 6'2 and thats it

Well since you're slamming a South Doyle poster, lets take S-D for example.

Of their first 7 players in the rotation, there is only ONE guy over 6'2

2) Lacking in athletic ability - well S-D could qualify for that on several fronts

3) On S-D, very few have the ability to play in college

and 4) oh... Bearden lost to S-D

So... does this mean Coach Smith is better than bleavins. I think it does. Thanks for the complement on Coach Smith. he will appreciate it.

the Cherokees won 6 games in the 2 seasons before Coach Smith got there, and right now they are 15-6. Not bad, not bad. So again, I agree with you that Coach SMith is the man!

How many district championships does Coach Smith have? How about state appearances? How about region wins?

and oh.....the S-D game was a fluke. We'll see you at home. Then we'll pay attention to districts and see who makes it further.

How many district championships does Coach Smith have? How about state appearances? How about region wins?

How many years has Coach Smith been a head coach? 3... or 30?

I was just curious

and did Coach Smith start out as a South-Doyle girl's coach?

I don't think so

(no offense to Coach Browning -- he's the man as well)

please BHS football take your amateur posting elsewhere

you're out of your league here

even the govman is making you look silly

How many years has Coach Smith been a head coach? 3... or 30?

I was just curious

and did Coach Smith start out as a South-Doyle girl's coach?

I don't think so

(no offense to Coach Browning -- he's the man as well)

please BHS football take your amateur posting elsewhere

you're out of your league here

even the govman is making you look silly

What???? You have made maybe one decent point yet. I'm outta my league?? You argue like a little kid. Making fun of people's moms and stuff like that.

The Knoxville News Sentinal is always biased towards bearden. They always praise them with good they are. They truth is that this article didn't deserve to be in the paper. Remember that it was the news sentinal that printed an article on how Bearden should have beat Farragut in football because the refs made a wrong call. I know people are upset, but the topic should be dropped. If bearden is that good, we'll find out next friday night. You know that they just had to put this in the paper to avoid any negative thoughts about bearden. I'm sure they let them get the ball in bounce as Belvins stated. But any kind of defense in the back court isn't right after a 30 pt. lead. And as I said, we'll see how good they are on Friday night.

Edited by JMo

The Knoxville News Sentinal is always biased towards bearden. They always praise them with good they are. They truth is that this article didn't deserve to be in the paper. Remember that it was the news sentinal that printed an article on how Bearden should have beat Farragut in football because the refs made a wrong call. I know people are upset, but the topic should be dropped. If bearden is that good, we'll find out next friday night. You know that they just had to put this in the paper to avoid any negative thoughts about bearden. I'm sure they let them get the ball in bounce as Belvins stated. But any kind of defense in the back court isn't right after a 30 pt. lead. And as I said, we'll see how good they are on Friday night.

I believe it was the Farragut press who published that article.

But in any case, when the newspaper called to ask our coach about it, he told them we would rather not make a big deal about it and for the newpaper to drop it.

And that Kyle Cruze article represented little, if any, of the majority of Bearden folks opinion on the matter.

We will see how good they are Friday night. Good luck to Farragut. But we got you where we want you: at home, with you guys nursing injuries and us coming off of a few big wins and a pretty good streak. Do I smell UPSET??? J/k, but seriously, this game will be HUGE!!

Let me say first that I was not at the game. And that I have coached against Mark Blevins for 20 years. He has always been a very class guy and coach. We all have been on both sides of big scores and it is not very comfortable for either side. Science Hill under George Pitts beat me 50 years ago and preesed and trapped the whole game I was somewhat upset - and thought what a classless guy -noone called him classless-but now I understand we should have been better and that your 2nd and 3rd strings play hard because they would like to be on the first string. I should of prepared my team better than i did, and since we could not compete against them I didnt schedule them there again. So before you all get on Mark make sure you have the facts correct and have seen the game with your own 2 eyes because false statements and accounts just make u look stupid. Wait until you can judge for yourself .