York's Ross Twins Quit

classof98

In my opinion, if the parents wanted what was best for them, they would have been more supportive of the system at York, whether or not they agree with everything done there. Undermining coaches and teachers is one thing, but when parents let children hear it, it seems to dishearten and hurt the kids.

I will agree with alot of what you have to say concerning this situation, there is some merit in your arguement, however as we all know there is always two sides to every story, right now it seems that everyone is siding withing the coaching staff. I do not know the parents or the twins personally, however being a parent of children that play sports (basketball,football) and having kids that play AAU, it takes a certain level of committment from a parents standpoint to support their kids in todays world of competition. So to me these don't seem like the type of parents that would just dump the school where their children have gone to for years without a good reason, and if the comments that the person made earlier about what the coach and school did are correct then to me it sounds like they were pretty much backed into a corner at that point and given an ultimatem concerning their children and i for one would have reacted very negatively in that kind of situation and most people would. So lets all remember there are always two sides to the story, and if as a responsible parent they choose to place their children in another school system for whatever reason, its none of anybody's business but theirs. I am sure they have the best interests of their children in mind and as a parent thats all you can do! Lets remember something, it won't be easy for these girls to leave all their friends they have made over the years, moving to a new school at their age is a very hard decision, so i just don't see this as some knee jerk reaction just because of an isolated incident. There is more to the story than we all know.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing bad intended toward the girls but with parents like that, do you really want them on your team or even around the program? Some parents need to step up and realize that they may not ever be completely happy with a coach or program and maybe their kids aren't as goog as they think or don't even want it as badly as the parents do. I'm not saying this particularly to these girls and their parents but as a greneral statement. In my experience it's usually best that parents stay out of it except for the support and encouragement issues. Let the players play and the coaches coach.

"bob77" Just keep living in the past!!  We have some hardware of our own up in Livingston a piece that you would have liked to have had in 1999!!  But like I said that is in the past lets look at the future.

Yeah, I remember 99'. I was a senior in high school then. That was the last time we did not win the state title. (I will be 23 on my next birthday in a few months) B) And you say I live in the past. B)

At least 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 is recent past. There are still players on those teams still playing. B)

Seniors on the 99 team are not even playing in college anymore. B)

Edited by bob77

bob77...you're probably right about those players not playing college ball except for one Jenna Baltimore...starting point guard to TTU!! Who all is still playing that graduated from J. County in 99'?? By the way I'll be turning 21 in a couple of months so you don't have me beat by much on age!!

Ok now i am all for giving eachother a little grief on this website from time to time but lets not attack these two young ladies. You are on the outside looking in as i am and for you to say something like that is asenine! Never attack the young athletes that play for our schools, you have no idea what went on so lets just keep those kind of opinions to yourself. :justwrestle:

I guess my post would lend itself to bashing these kids. Not about bashing kids, especially these two, as I don't know them from Adam. I just read into the post and the "quitter" tag showed up and I assumed. We all know what assume does. I apologize to anyone offended by my post. I meant no harm to these kids or their parents.

So, let me re-phrase, I wouldn't want a quitter or quitter parents near my team. Period.