class a mr basketball

MHSwarriors

just wondering what some of ya'll think about mr basketball in class A.

I am a little bias but i definitely have to give some major props to my man daniel puckett from mcewen. If you haven't ever seen him play before he's 6'6" or 6'7"or maybe taller, he's has a slim built body, can run the point just fine if needed, and can play about any position. I don't know exactly what he averages but i would say around 20 a game. I don't want to make him sound better that he is, but he is definitely a ball player and a great candidate for mr basketball.

GO WARRIORS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puckett is right up there...

Brandon Shane of Greenfield also gets a vote from me...

Xavier Webb of West Carroll, like Shane, is averaging over 22 ppg...

Jamar Jenkins of Forrest is also right there in the running at 18 ppg and unselfish team play...

Ryan Daniel of Goodpasture and Joseph Bailey of Pickett are also legit candidates...

Don't forget high scoring West Tn guards Dayne Strayhorn and Alan North...

In Class A, it's ANYONE's guess as to who will be the three finalists...

Dominique Shoate should at least get some type consideration. Here is a guy that is averaging over 23 per night, grabbing 12 boards, and has learned to play a slashing type guard forward position to lead his team to a 13-3 season. If you watch him play it is obvious that he has college potential. He is shooting over 70% from the floor. If Aville had any threats from the 3 he would get 30 per night.

cardinalking,i have to disagree with you there.ive only scene webb play once and hes good. i dont think he can carry his team on his back against some of the better teams out there.i ssaw them loose to a crockett county team by 12 and he had good post moves but not good enough to be the best.i saw shane as a freshmen made his presents known for the first time against halls in the semifinals of the regional tournament two years ago and shane was better then webb then as well.shane and strayhorn both can put the whole team on there shoulders and make a huge difference.webb still has two more years to blossom even more.i like his post moves but crockett county hurt him by making him come out towards to free throw line to guard and he cant guard anyone there because they good right past him to score.yes,webb is a presents and would be a great addition to anyones team.doaks for trenton hasnt developed the type of player for his height.if strahorn had any of doaks or webbs height with his post moves and quickness,this wold not even be a discussion,strayhorn hands down.shane is about 6"2 and dont really have to score bunches of points on his team but can when asked.strayhorn for halls does a better job drawing fouls against an opponent better then doaks or webb.shane with his style of play can draw fould as well based upon what i saw when he was a freshmen two years ago.im sure hes gotten alot better two.shaqne and strayhorn have too much quickness and can score on anyone of any size.ivw scene strayhorn score big time against dyersburg(a good AAA team) each year.his freshmen year at dyersburg,he scored 23 to help halls win against dyersburg.his sophomore season,he scored 37 in a loss when everyone for halls was sone cold.he took it on himself to get it done against very quick and very talented players.he scored 35 against dyersburg this year at home and going several times to the line. some people might get more attention because some have scene certin players play.in west tn,i think its between shane and strayhorn.in middle,im not sure.in the east,i go with scogins of temple.

Well I agree with you but then i kin've disagree. There all good players but at a higher level of competition I would take Webb over Shane only because of his versitality. Shane is a outstanding player, but when I saw him match-up agianst Webb the first time this season, he just couldn't stop Webb when he faced up towards basket. On the other hand, the load Webb has to carry is alot heavier than that of Strayhorns or Shanes because of the supporting casts he has to carry..

webb is a taler player and can gwet his shot off because of his height.west carroll hasnt played a stronger then halls or greenfield.webb couldnt guard the person around the free throw area when i saw him play crockett county.he did well on the low block blocking shots.but i take strayhorn or shane going past webb any day of the week.webb is a totally different player then strayhorn and shane.but i do wish halls had both webb and shane on the same team and i know without a dought we win the state hands down.