who are best kids in state without PT

bballwriter44

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bench warmers are there for a reason. It is not upto the coach to give them a shot. It is up to the player to get his self off the bench.. It doesnt matter what a teams record is. The players that earn it should play. High school isnt the pros, so you are not trying to build a dynasty. Coaches are jsut trying to get from season to season and tournament to tournament....

I agree that coaches aren't responsible for playing all their players, but it's not the player's responsiblity to get in, the player should work as hard as he can on and off the court-at practice and away from it. If player's do this then they have no reason to feel bad for not playing because they are doing everything they can and leaving it up to the coach, a player can only work so hard-coaches make the final decision.

Some coaches will play players who work hard and some coaches won't. It is up to the coaches no matter what a player does in practice. Some players make alot of mistakes in a game and never get taken out. There are alot of kids who sit the bench who can play as well as others on the floor but never get a chance to show it. There are some coaches who can see dedication and others do not. It is depending on where you play. To say to a kid you sit the bench because you are not as good as others is not always true. Every case is different and each kid on the team is the team. Others should respect them as they respect and support the team. I support the team not only the ones playing but the ones sitting the bench. I do not have anyone on any team but for someone to say hey they sit the bench is wrong. They practice and work on the team too. It takes them all to be a team. It is the whole team that wins and the whole team that loses a game. In practice you never see just the starters practice and run. Its a team so who ever started this does not know what a team is. It is all the players and starting this thread does not make sense.

First of all guys - if a kid is on the bench he is there for a reason. He may be a great player, but who knows maybe his attitude is getting in the way, maybe he is not a "coachable" kid, or maybe something else is going on. I don't think a coach is going to leave talent just sitting on the bench if none of the things above are happening - coaches want to win too! I do agree that there are kids sitting benches that bystanders think should be playing more, and that will always be the case, but newsflash - the coaches make those decisions not the parents or the people buying the tickets! The thread should not read "who are the best kids in state without PT" - it should read "who are the kids not getting PT who can work a little harder in some area of basketball in order to get that PT". If anyone has a problem with that one just start a thread to Valleyman and we'll go from there. Thank you.

NCSO3, that has to be the stupidest reason to say he needs playing time. There is a lot of people out there that can play the game of horse,and just because they win doesn't mean they are good. It is a totally different atmosphere when your on the court, then when you are playing horse with someone.

some of you people have no sense of humor, if you couldnt look at that post and tell it was a joke then I do believe you probably have a boring straight faced life.

I don't know the names of kids who should be playing but aren't, but I know what happened to our team last year. We had a new coach who wasn't very savvy and didn't bother to watch any film, and as a consequence he played the tallest kids (who weren't necessarily the better players) and left kids on the bench that knew how to play.

Everybody in the gym knew who the good players were except for the coach. Finally after a dismal record during the 1st part of the seaon, he finally figured it out (I think someone told him) and put the better players in (former bench warmers), and won a lot of games at the end of the season. The kids left sitting on the bench at the beginning of the season included 2 seniors who had been starters as sophomores, one who was MVP of the Freshman team, which consisted of 15 kids.

So it does happen that kids get the shaft if the coach isn't very smart. This particular "coach" messed up what should have been a pretty good team, not to mention ruining the season for the players, school, and the Community.