Should they place up to 5th at State Duals?

Gripper

Honestly, i think they should. it would just clear up some confusion on who the top teams are. i don't understand why they won't. how long after the semi-finals is the actual finals match? couldn't they just stick it in between after the semis?

if anyone knows why they won't place up to 5-6, please let me know. is it cause of money? time? wouldn't they be making more money if more teams stayed longer?

I don't think the TSSAA has ever given team awards for placements lower than second. Tournament directors could at one time (possibly still can) elect to order awards from the same company that the TSSAA uses for third or fourth, paid for out of the non-TSSAA gate. If the gate of a tournament all went to the TSSAA, then each third or fourth team placer could order its award at its own expense. That has been done before.

From observation over time, the lower placement awards are far more important to new programs or older programs that have not reached that level before or maybe not often. Programs that are accustomed to being in the mix at the top put far less value on lower placement awards. This observation is not meant to be judgemental. It just reflects what real people have expressed over the years.

Edited by delaWarr

They used to wrestle out to eight at the duals for DI. When DII had a format change in 2001 to 2 pools of three, this cut into the time available on the mats. This made the DI bracket a true double elimintaion wrestling out to fourth place. I always felt wrestling it out to eight was an advantage for those programs. No one likes going 0-3 for the weekend, but it was beneficial experience to take into regionals the next week.

Sorry Coach,,,,but I am just having fun with you.

But if you go to the state duals, don't you already have a plaque for winning at the region level? If so, put that in you trophy case.

Visitors to my house ask about the mountains of trophies that are in my boys rooms, and even they say that most of them mean nothing because of the politically correct way of giving awards to every team and kid.

I will take it more easy on my comments, I promise.

:usa:

edited the spelling,,,,it was bothering me. lol.

Edited by texas23