How is Science Hill?

Red81KPsmash

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Price is the best wrestling coach I have ever seen at Jeff.Co. He was able to get a lot of kids to participate that other coaches could not (i.e. Waylon Lowe) and he was able to control them. i dare say Scooter would be a different wrestler (or even wrestling this year) if he were still in charge.

Edited by Red81KPsmash

As a parent of two SHHS wrestlers I have learned first hand of the calibur of coach that Jeff Price is. The wrestling knowledge my boys have aquired in a relatively short time is overwelming to me. They have much to learn to be the wrestlers I know they want to be and am sure they are at the right place to obtain that knowledge and discipline.

Many top wrestling schools have good feeder programs and Jeff has done what he has done without one. A problem he has addressed this year working to build a soild youth program.

No doubt to take kids as 8th or 9th graders with no knowledge of wrestling and build a team that can compete year in and year out on a state level is almost impossible. This year may be proof of this with ten of the fourteen wt classes being sophmores or freshmen. Not an excuse just fact.

But don't count SHHS out just yet.

I will go on record first to say watch for this program to contend for a state championship in the next two years.

In closing let me say as a team yes they are down this year only because the bar has been set so high by past SHHS teams. I know of no other team in this region that could post a 13-1 record so far this year and be asked if they were down.

A testement to the work Jeff has done at SHHS.

Im Soo glad peopel are beginning to recognize Coach Price's coach ability. Not only is he a great coach is is an even better person and friend. That is why he can create a team with no wrestling experience int a team who can compete with teh rest of the state. I love ya man, you know who this is

Josh - Coach Price and I were college teammates 20+ years ago. I know what a 1st class individual he is and anyone that follows the sport knows the job he did at JC and now at SH. This whole thread has been a misunderstanding. BTOW was asking who SH had wrestled for comparision ranking purposes and it got construed as an insult. Hope to see you guys in Clarksville.

Thanks Walkenvol. I'm sure Coach Price understands, but for the rest of you, believe me, I know SH will bring out a strong team. I was disappointed not to have heard much about them this year. That certainly doesn't mean that I don't think they have talent. I was just looking for an update on the program and some of the wrestlers out of curiosity. That's all, nothing more. I've seen Cody wrestle too many times to think that he isn't going to show up big at states. Good luck to Science Hill, Coach Price, Ty Cody, and everyone else.

I understood what you were up to, BOTW. No problems on my part.

By the way, the region duals are at Greeneville. Round one will be Greeenville versus Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennet versus Morrisown East. Winners wll wrestle for the championship. Match time is 6:30.

Thanks to everyone for the good posts. I love you too matrat.

Edited by ArtusCimber

Well, for those of you who care, we rebounded from last week's loss tonight to win 34-30. Andre Gillispie came from behind at 171 to score a near fall in the final two seconds and win his match. It was up to Schnell to seal the deal with a pin, which he did. Kudos to Matt Drish who came back after a three week injury to get a pin, and to Luke Williams who pinned his opponent after being pinned last week. As someone in our region predicted last year, the Toppers were in the mix.

Great week for the kids and for me. I learned a great deal about myself. Like I said before, my guys are warriors. We're happy to get to come to the party again.

Thanks to everyone for taking an interest in Topper wrestling. We'll see you Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

Any Topper fans out there:

We're down to three heading into the semifinals.

Bo Usary lost to Shawn Cordell in the final seconds. Hoping he can come on back. He really thinks he can, and tha's what really matters.

Ty Cody and Tommy Schnell have both made it to the semis. Let's hope Science Hill can have two finalists for the first time ever.

We're seventh in the team race. Two finalists could put us in place for a possible top five. Let's hope....