Small school TMSAA district seedings for...

TheAnswer9

Here is the breakdown of the 10 teams playing in the small school district at Huntsville starting on Monday, Feb 2nd:

Scott County Schools

Fairview

Oneida---Oneida Special School District

Huntsville

Robbins

Burchfield

Robbins

Anderson County

Norwood

Morgan County

Oakdale

Wartburg

Campbell County

Jellico

Seedings

1. Fairview--#1 seed in Scott County tournament

2. Oakdale--#2 seed in Morgan County tournament

3. Oneida

4. Huntsville--#2 seed in Scott County tournament

5. Jellico

6. Wartburg--#1 seed in Morgan County tournament

7. Norwood

8. Robbins--#3 in Scott

9. Burchfield--#4 in Scott

10. Winfield--#5 in Scott

Match-ups include

7 Norwood vs. 10 Winfield

8 Robbins vs. 9 Burchfield

3 Oneida vs. 6 Wartburg

4 Huntsville vs. 5 Jellico

2 Oakdale vs. Norwood-Winfield winner

1 Fairview vs. Robbins-Burchfield winner

MAYBE KAZAAM or someone else can fill us in on the DATES and TIMES these great contests or match-ups will take place. I mean any of those top 7 can win the thing

Edited by TheAnswer9

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake City and Norris are both bracketed to be "Large" school despite being smaller and in LCs case--much smaller than Robertsville, Jefferson, Clinton, Horace-Maynard, Jacksboro, and LaFollette!!!!!

LC will not take part in this. Instead, they will play in the T-N-T

The large schools meet next Sat the 31st to set their brackets.

As for the boys small school, I will post it tomorrow once I get to see the final bracket!!!

Edited by TheAnswer9

It would be nice if Lake City would be invited to the large school meeting at the beginning of the year. All the meetings were held without any input from Lake City, even though we were forced into being in this division. It is ridiculous to place Lake City in a large school division just to keep the amount of teams in each division even. It seems that the powers that be have lost their sight of who benefits or suffers consequences from their decisions... THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

Here are the girls division times and days they play:

Robbins vs. Burchfield Monday at 4:00

Norwood vs. Winfield Monday at 6:30

Fairveiw vs. Winner of R + B Tuesday 4:00

Oakdale vs. Winner of N + W Tuesday 6:30

Huntsville vs. Jellico Thursday 7:45

Oneida vs. Wartburg Thursday 5:15

Semifinals # 1 Friday 4:00

Semifinals # 2 Friday 6:30

Consulation game Saturday 2:00

Championship game Saturday 4:30

Good Luck to all the teams and a special shout out to the Lady Indians! How does everyone like the pairings? :rolleyes::lol:

Lake City and Norris are both bracketed to be "Large" school despite being smaller and in LCs case--much smaller than Robertsville, Jefferson, Clinton, Horace-Maynard, Jacksboro, and LaFollette!!!!!

When i was in middle school I played at Oneida three years ago. In our division were teams like Robertsville, Horace-Maynard, and Lafollette. We were much smaller then and probably smaller than LC is now and we played with the teams...I don't see how they couldn;t play with them.

Lake City is always invited to the large school meeting and welcome to take part. They could be competitive with the large school teams and I think it would benefit the girls going on to play in high school, but they choose not to. We, the large schools, would welcome them with open arms. We try to follow the guidelines set forth by the TMSAA and run our division accordingly.

I'm not really sure how the correct way to have a level playing field for all teams involved at the middle school level. However, presently the LC girls only have 3 losses, so they must not be totally "out of their league". They also have a center in 7th grade who is very close to 6' tall and quite athletic. Hint: They are surely building around this kid. So instead of considering the glass half empty, consider it half full. Develop the kids around that post and whip the bigger schools, trust me, the satisfaction will be worth it. :):huh:B)