Region 8 Competition week of 1-26-04

region8fan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston over Germantown by 9 or so. I was wrong in the final score, but my disclaimer was true. Houston bumped very well. Fryman made 130 with the 2 pound allowance. Borneman over Sharp maybe 6-2 or so @ 160. The Grady bumped to 189, where he lost by dec. to Pecor. Matthews drew a forfeit @ 215. Autry bumped to HWT to pin the Germantown kid. That was the crucial stretch. The forfeit at 215 and the pin at 275 really killed Germantown. Resourceful coaching by Houston, along with a lot of effort won this one. Congrats, and see you guys Saturday.

You're right. Sorry, I'm an idiot. I totally forgot about that. Sharp caught Borneman in a cradle with about 20 or 30 seconds left, but Borneman's inside shoulder was on top of Sharp, so he couldn't get the pin. It was a pretty good match. Sorry Germantown folks. That one just slipped my memory. Yes, it was a great dual. I kind of wish it had come down to the last match. That would have been even more exciting, but great job by wrestlers and coaches.