Thanks Irishdad

d2fan

Irishdad:

I want to thank you for providing MBA with a hefty supply of bulletin board material (countless posts degrading MBA's program and discussing its lack of athleticism and wrestling prowess) during the last couple of days.

Ever since the coaches printed off your posts and plastered them all over the locker room, the wrestlers have become very, very focused and determined. Not only did they practice late last night, but I heard that they insisted on practicing BEFORE the match with Pope JP II tonight. Undoubtedly, your posts coupled with the fact that MBA is a major underdog and has nothing to lose have provided the wrestlers with a fuel that burns extremely hot. Perhaps you should join Tony Robbins and others on the motivational speakers circuit.

Again, thanks for all your help. See your Thursday night in the pit!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn, you mean that my simple word have inspired the Big Red to wrestle hard against my Irish???? What a suprise...it does not have a thing to do with the 75 year rivalry??? And D2fan are you a MBA supporter or a Irish hater? What makes you think that we are not doing the same thing? Extra practices eve on weekends and we always practice before matches. I personally know about 65% or the MBA wrestlers. I graduated with Frank. My words could not fire up the MBA boys any more than their coach would.. you give me too much credit.. But I do like the fact that you found it necessary to start a string in response to my words...sound to me like you guys are a little worried. Plus I never denigrated their athleticism or wrestling prowess. It is simply my belief that we have a better team and that we will win..period. Here is how botw saw it and he is certainly no fan of the IRISH

103-Simpson (MBA) over Schoettle by m. dec. 0-4

112-Dunning (FR) over Deutsch by pin 6-4

119-Simpson (MBA) over DeMille by pin 6-10

125-Hiller (FR) over Francis by tech. 11-10

130-Oddo (FR) over Bradley by m. dec. 15-10

135-Hall (MBA) over Mondelli by dec. 20-13

140-Myers (FR) over Tate by dec. 23-13

145-Morales (FR) over Herron by tech. 28-13

152-Clark (FR) over Shillinglaw by dec. 31-13

160-Mayo (FR) over Donlon by dec. 34-13

171-Stark (FR) over Turk by m. dec. 41-10

189-Adams (FR) over Nagle by pin 44-13

215-Lomas (FR) over Bubis by dec. 47-13

275-Barnes (MBA) over Roberts by pin 47-19

cya in the pit and pinU46 I met with Coach Simpson yesterday..no complaints. but if you want call and ask him he is on the early lunch schedule.. 3834200

Edited by irishdad

I can just hear coach simpson taking that call and answering question about how he is okay with what is written on this message board.

I am sure, based on irishdad's comments, that he is okay with it but taking calls for someone named pinU46, I don't think so.

But then again, maybe he would.

Keep us updated on the success of that call.

I can just hear coach simpson taking that call and answering question about how he is okay with what is written on this message board.

I am sure, based on irishdad's comments, that he is okay with it but taking calls for someone named pinU46, I don't think so.

But then again, maybe he would.

Keep us updated on the success of that call.

The invite to call was a metaphor to prove that I have no problems with Simp...

Irishdad:

I am an MBA supporter with a healthy respect for Ryan's wrestling program and its winning tradition. However, I know that MBA can win the match; otherwise, why even wrestle?! Given the fact that MBA is such a major underdog, everyone will have to wrestle to the best of his ability with all his heart and passion. IF that happens, I think that the result will look something like this....

103-Simpson (MBA) over Schoettle by fall.... (M)6 - ®0

112-Dunning (FR) over Deutsch by fall.... (M)6 - ®6

119-Simpson (MBA) over DeMille by fall.... (M)12 - ®6

125-Hiller (FR) over Francis by decision.... (M)12 - ®9

130-Oddo (FR) over Bradley by decision.... (M)12 - ®12

135-Hall (MBA) over Mondelli by major decision.... (M)16 - ®12

140-Tate (MBA) over Myers by decision.... (M)19 - ®12

145-Morales (FR) over Herron by decision.... (M)19 - ®15

152-Clark (FR) over Shillinglaw by decision.... (M)19 - ®18

160-Donlon (MBA) over Mayo by decision.... (M)21 - ®18

171-Stark (FR) over Turk by decision.... (M)21 - ®21

189-Adams (FR) over Jacques by decision.... (M)21 - ®24

215-Lomas (FR) over Bubis by decision.... (M)21 - ®27

275-Barnes (MBA) over Roberts by fall.... (M)27 - ®27 **

** MBA wins on of the closest, most exciting matches in the rivalry's history because they have more 6 point victories: 3 to 1.

Again, this is merely my opinion. Undoubtedly, it will differ from yours. But no one will know the outcome until the last match is wrestled on Thursday night. Regardless, I know that all those in attendance will witness some great wrestling and great coaching (a real chess match)!