Another Great Giles/BA Game....

PulaskiVols

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game...awesome talent...poor officiating...who could ask for more. Tyler and Brandon showed why they are being heavily recruited. You could not have asked either one to do anything more for their teams. Tyler got a little more help from his peers, which in turn proved to be the key to success. Coffey came off of the bench to score 15 pts and was possibly they key player, other than Tyler on the GC team. The atmosphere was amazing last night, with some big time college coaches and scouts making appearances.

As for the officials...Middle TN has by far the worst officials...end of point.

Shannon is good, but no Tyler Smith. Get real.

Another great game tonight. BA can't get that last shot to drop against the Bobcats. Nevertheless, I feel good about where BA is at this point. A 2 point loss to GCHS in their gym, with their refs and their clock operator (man, what a screwup!!) is nothing to be ashamed of.

As to the comment about BA needing improved guard play...of course they do, but it is challenging when your starting 1,2 and 3 are out with injuries. The backups played very well.

Wes, you need to go to more games if you think the lone senior is not playing a key role. he has been getting major minutes the last several games, and made a key 3-pointer tonight. You may owe Mr. A an apology!!

Good luck to Giles in the playoffs. i think the 2 games probably helped both teams a lot. Hope we can do it again next year.

Itzme, the 1,2, AND 3 were out with injuries? I must have missed something.

Regarding #14, my apologies. My statement was based upon what I saw last year and the 4 games I've seen this year. My bad!

Congrats to both teams for a great game.

Dumptruck, as young as BA is nobody will want to play them next year. I will be checking in on you guys for at least two more years to see how well you are doing. I may even make the drive from Pulaski to Brentwood just to see more outstanding basketball. The future is really looking up for BA. Good luck the rest of the way. If we both should make it back to the Boro I'll make sure to be there to support you guys!

i dont see what youth would have to do with it. a large portion of the team would be SR's and JR's by with a few Sophomores . not being cocky, but if BA wins state this year i think a few of those teams may be interested i mean those big names on those teams would draw huge crowds for such a tournament.

Edited by dumptruck

OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A GAME!!! It was a classic battle between Smith and Wright. This was the best game of the year, i could not ask for more out of this game!!! I must say that Brandon Wright is a great player. Wneely and I talked to him after the game and he is a really cool guy. I also say the same about Turner, he was really cool too. I was impressed with Wrights play on the court and his great attitude after the game. Mad props to Brandon Wright on an awesome game!!! But dont forget about my man Tyler Smith who had 28 and played against Brandon really well. He slammed down a dunk harder than i have ever seen!!! The whole gym exploded after Tyler nearly ripped the rim off the backboard!!! By far this was the best game of the year and i wish BA the best of luck the rest of the year. Good luck to Brandon as well he is truely a great young man, and i am very impressed with him. Congrats to both teams on a remarkable game I couldnt have asked for more. GREAT JOB BOBCATS!!!

GO BOBCATS

WE READY :D , WE READY :o , WE READY :o

oh now i see what you were saying, well anyway, that would be a dynamite tournament. probably one of the best in the country talent-wise with so many highly ranked players. mannnny college coaches would attend i know it probably wont happen but just a thought to throw out there. maybe coacht could maybe mention this to a few of the coaches if he sees them.

This was one great game. I was very much impressed with B.Wright, he is such a complete player as a sophmore it's scary. I'm a GC fan but I have to say, Wright is the more complete player than Tyler. I don't know how many blocks Wright had but it was a BUNCH.... I would also like to know his FG%, he didn't miss many shots at all, and he shot a lot. Not taking anything away from Tyler, he is certainly a force and a special talent and is ranked among the tops in the nation and should be. Afterall, he scored 30 in less than 3 quarters. Thanks to all the Brentwood fans that came down, it was good to see such a large crowd. Refs were terrible, clock was operated terrible but the game was great. It could have went either way and it wouldnt have mattered to me. I got what I came for regardless.

Shannon is good, but no Tyler Smith.  Get real.

Another great game tonight.  BA can't get that last shot to drop against the Bobcats.  Nevertheless,  I feel good about where BA is at this point.  A 2 point loss to GCHS in their gym, with their refs and their clock operator (man, what a screwup!!) is nothing to be ashamed of.

As to the comment about BA needing improved guard play...of course they do, but it is challenging when your starting 1,2 and 3 are out with injuries.  The backups played very well.

Wes, you need to go to more games if you think the lone senior is not playing a key role.  he has been getting major minutes the last several games, and made a key 3-pointer tonight.  You may owe Mr. A an apology!!

Good luck to Giles in the playoffs.  i think the 2 games probably helped both teams a lot.  Hope we can do it again next year.

Itzme, the 1,2, AND 3 were out with injuries? I must have missed something.

Regarding #14, my apologies. My statement was based upon what I saw last year and the 4 games I've seen this year. My bad!

Congrats to both teams for a great game.

Mason played about a minute, but couldn't make it work. Josh and Tyler were both out the entire game. Tyler could be construed as the backup #2, but he also plays some 3.