White County Coach?

WarriorMom

i don't know the man personally but he can coach.just watch him.he is one of the few coachs that actually coach during the whole game.reminds me of whited.the difference between whited and slatten is that whited was blessed with some unbelievable talent and slatten has had nothing with the exception of jon gribble and he is young.teams that whited had comes around about every 20 years if u are lucky.in 2 years when gribble is a senior and jolly and clark and crain come up then everybody will be praising slatten when he wins a state title.

everybody think about it, coach sewell was a great coach that didn't win that many games and he didn't have the talent for over a decade with the exception of the early 80's.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who post on this topic, if you are not a White Countian and do not know of a young man who is playing under this coach, then please do not even act like you know what you are talking about. To Warriormom, yes the heart is out of some of these young men. They did not quit simply because when the others quit 2 years ago, there was so much name calling about being a quitter and not staying in there that these young men have toughed it out. I agree, they should get a standing ovation for just hanging in there. My daughter is close friends with some of these boys and she told me the other day that one of the best players on the team is not even considering playing basketball in college because of the heart ache he has gone through during these three years. Don't even begin to get on here and tell me that they are whiners and that there is no talent and all the other stuff that has been said on here. These boys, I am sure, get so tired of reading all this garbage about them. They are all exceptional young men who play because they are trying their best to make White County proud of them, even through it all. Maybe our talent is down, I personally don't agree, but these young men have heart and I think that was apparent with the game in Oakland. The coach finally left the starting 5 (which I feel was a winning combination that should have been tried long before now), in long enough to get a rhythmn going. He didn't even substitute for 6 whole minutes. These boys do have talent but I am not sure that it will ever be appreciated by this coaching staff and for most of them it will be too late for any other coach to see them.

I truly don't understand what the problem is with Coach Slatten. Why are all of you hating on him? All he has done is instill some discipline where it was needed and snag a few wins when he probably should have lost. You guys need to face it, you don't have the talent you did when you won the state. Maybe eventually you will, but right now isn't the time.

So, what exactly is it that Slatten has done to make it such a sure thing that he won't be back?

Slatten...ZERO wins in the District the year before he came to White Co.

Zero wins in the District in his 1st year at White Co.

Zero District wins in his 2nd year at White Co.

Three wins in his 3rd year at White Co. Two of which are over a very weak Warren Co. team{no offense to Warren}.

Should we now give him a 10 year extension..........??????? Nope.

To help you out some bbfan, my daughter too is friends with some of the boy players.....and if some of the seniors do not play in college it will not be because their heart isn't in it, it will be because none of the seniors are good enough to play college ball. Or at least what they have shown for the last three years.

I am pretty sure that some of the staff at White County appreciates these young men. The assistant coach seems to have a good repore with the players. The j.v. boys enjoy playing so make sure you know all the fasts before you begin to commit on them.

And before I forget........guys you did a heck of a job last night in Murfreesboro, beating Oakland. We are so proud of you!! Keep up the good work!!

Edited by WarriorMom

honestly, White Co. fans look around. After Gribble and England, do you really think you have the talent of some of the Murfreesboro schools? I mean Drake and Qualls are decent, and a couple of guys can shoot, but that's it. Teams like Oakland with Neal, Murray, Boyd, Jones, Dixon, etc. and Riverdale with Lyons, Onwu, Perkins, etc., Blackman with Price, Phillips, Sneed, Lee, etc., Lebanon with Donald, Cross, Grooms, Moore, etc, Siegel with Ramsey, Roper, the little point guard. Those teams have depth. Slatten is doing as good as can be expected. When Gribble is a little older and this ninth grade team is older, maybe some success will happen. The depth is just not there right now.

honestly, White Co. fans look around. After Gribble and England, do you really think you have the talent of some of the Murfreesboro schools? I mean Drake and Qualls are decent, and a couple of guys can shoot, but that's it. Teams like Oakland with Neal, Murray, Boyd, Jones, Dixon, etc. and Riverdale with Lyons, Onwu, Perkins, etc., Blackman with Price, Phillips, Sneed, Lee, etc., Lebanon with Donald, Cross, Grooms, Moore, etc, Siegel with Ramsey, Roper, the little point guard. Those teams have depth. Slatten is doing as good as can be expected. When Gribble is a little older and this ninth grade team is older, maybe some success will happen. The depth is just not there right now.

eagle79....Uh, I'm looking around. Oh look, White Co. just beat Oakland Tues. night and should have beaten Riverdale at home a couple of weeks ago. Not as much difference in talent as you might think. I wouldn't want to play White Co. in the District 1st round. You might just go to the house early. ;)