Cpa vs. Dca

Guest Keeper333

Guest Keeper333

I just wanted to hear what everybody thought about the CPA vs. DCA game tom. night. This is a big game, being that DCA is first in district 9A at 4-1 and CPA is second at 3-1, so whoever wins this, gains sole posession of first place. I am going with CPA, DCA is no match for Travis Sikes and Andrew House. Sikes is averaging 22 ppg and nobody in the state has been able to stop him. As soon as they try to stop him, Andrew House will take the load. They will go all the way this year, look out everyone.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA has a lot of weapons. The games they have lost this year have been when they ignore their inside game and one-on-one (mis)matchups AND when their press gets too aggressive and they get in foul trouble (especially Zach Ferrell).

They are a good pressing team with a lot of speed, but they try to steal the ball too much rather than letting the press create mistakes by the other team.

When Sikes and House go inside, CPA is tough, when they rely on the outside shot, they are very beatable.

That is one point i can definitely agree with. They have enough size, especially for A, to get it done inside. One great example as im sure divepix will agree is their game at NCS. By fouling on the press too much and trying to use outside game to win, CPA fell behind in the 3rd and lost by 17. During the whole 2nd half they shot outside and lost whatever chances they had of staying in or winning the game. If they play the kind of ball they can, CPA is a team very capable of going to state. This of course is all pending on the district and region tournies, which should prove to be quite interesting if you ask me....

I am very impressed with CPA's team this year. They rebound well, play pretty good defense, and can score with anybody. I am also impressed with their "never-say-die attitude". It seems that everytime I see them they are fired up and believe that they can win. DCA, on the other hand, I think had a much better team last year. Trainer can hit some 3's if he gets hot, and Loftis can always score, but I think their offensive scheme and overall talent on offense is definitely near the bottom of the district. They do play well defensively but cant seem to get the big stop or big play they need in close games. I have seen them play 3 times. They lost in OT to Page and Rossview, games in which they played pretty well in regulation but folded in OT, and againt Goodpasture, where they had 2 oppurtunitities to win the game and they couldn't. I like CPA in this one. I think they are a much better team, but the way this district has been this season, I wouldnt be surprised if this wasnt a very very close game in the end.

In response to the fcpress comment, which unlike the College Heights team was pretty classless, CPA was not playing at full strength, as your coaches and players know. The results might have been different in all three games if they had have been. fcpress gets one of the most the classless posts of the year. Congratulations. Other than that, this game should be a classic 9A battle with two good teams and coaches.

The Pressley Ramsey(sp?) factor must be taken into account here. His teams somehow find ways to win big games. Not trying to offend anyone, but the team that walked into the gym last year didnt look like they could beat a middle school team. Somehow they gave us (FRA) a run everytime, and they won some games when they had much less pure talent than their oponent. They are always well coached and prepared. Tough call tonight.

CPA wins a hard fought game. Leading by 1 with about a minute to go and not in the bonus, DCA elects to foul quickly and get CPA to the line rather than try for a steal or turnover.

CPA responds by making enough free throws to win.

CPA is playing well right now. One thing they are doing differently during their recent win streak is playing their starters more minutes and relying on them to win. Depth is a good thing, but when you have horses, you should ride them. it is working for CPA.