DII duals predictions

best_of_the_west

I don't think Schoettle will make it the full 6, whether he goes down by pin or tech. I don't think Mondelli would have as much of a chance as Clarke. Remember, I am not taking into account the fact that either of the coaches could do some bumping. I mostly took Baylor's line up from the McCallie match, but it seems like the most likely thing. I would like to see the Manson/Oddo match, though. I think it's Ryan's job to do the bumping that would be necessary to win. It will be a good dual.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results of the earlier dual meet:

189--Derek Walker (:D defeated Flynt Rudolph (M), 9-1. Baylor leads, 4-0.

215--Nick Moore (M) pinned Houston Holt (;), 1:37. McCallie leads, 6-4.

275--Brandon Hufstetler (:D defeated Charles Green (M), 4-3. ' Baylor leads, 7-6.

103--Reed Doster (B) won by forfeit. Baylor leads, 13-6.

112--Corey Manson (B) pinned Josh Wheeler (B) in 5:42. Baylor leads, 19-6.

119--Will Young (M) defeated Jake Geismar (B), 7-4. Baylor leads, 19-9.

125--Joe Young (M) pinned Jay Carson (B) in 4:38. Baylor leads, 19-15.

130--Cody Cleveland (M) pinned Will Murray (B), 5:56. McCallie leads, 21-19.

135--T. Manson (B)) defeated Zach Goss (M), 14-4. Baylor leads, 23-21.

140--Jordan Leen (B) defeated Justin Blair (M), 6-2. Baylor leads, 26-21.

145--Ryan Scott (M) defeated Chris Doster (B), 13-4.' Baylor leads, 26-25.

152--Andrew Smith (M) defeated Timothy Moore (B), 8-5. McCallie leads, 28-26.

160--Spencer Manley (M) pinned Philip Spitalny, 2:41. McCallie leads, 34-26.

171--Bobby Huffaker (M) defeated Doug Vaughan (B), 6-2. McCallie wins, 37-26.

Based on the surprising outcome of the "last dual", I'll have to suggest, you're right... on paper. But I felt then and I still feel Baylor has a better dual meet team and will make things interesting. I see some of those close matches going Baylor's way this time and there in lies a point swing enough to put the red on top.

What's more important is what Jim has instilled in the hearts of his team. The assignments fulfilled and Baylor wins...

At this level of wrestling you can throw away skill and head to head comparison's, it's all about "who wants it most and will not fail their assigned mission."

Good luck to both programs!!

Ryan may get the tournament!! Gosh, Irishdad has been quiet lately. Hope he's okay?

soms

cb56,

You know who I am. We talked last weekend at the regional duals. I am a coach at Saint Benedict. That should tell you enough to narrow it down to three. Let's see if you pay attention to who you taked to :D . If you can't get it from that then I will tell you since it is not fair for me to know who you are and not return the favor.

I think irishdad is at clock keepers remedial school.

Texas23..you are a punk! Statements like that are not even close to being funny. I will see you all in Clarksville...I wish all My D2 competitors good luck..GO IRISH!!

Dear soms and others I am quietly prepapring for state ..I appreciate being missed! No predictions I do not want to jinx my Irish!! ;)

PS I look forward to discussions on Monday!!

Soms - Other then your ongoing quest to put a person with every screen name, I usually agree with most of your points however;

"At this level of wrestling you can throw away skill and head to head comparison's, it's all about "who wants it most and will not fail their assigned mission."

is a pretty weak gameplan in which to place your hopes of victory. Coaches/wrestlers sure spend a lot of time developing skills for them to be thrown out at crunch time. You've still not supported your assertation of a Baylor victory with anything tangable. Good luck to Baylor if the only thing they will have changed from the prior meeting is to "want it more". Somehow, I think Shak, Yogi, and Morgan will have something more substantial for there wrestlers to use.

Texas23..you are a punk! Statements like that are not even close to being funny. PS I look forward to discussions on Monday!!

texas23, good quote and i did ;) . irishdad, good luck to you and your beloved ryan this weekend.

quote of the day for texas23: sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

or another that irishdad might like better; if you mess with the bull, you're liable to get the horn! ;)

Soms - Other then your ongoing quest to put a person with every screen name, I usually agree with most of your points however;

"At this level of wrestling you can throw away skill and head to head comparison's, it's all about "who wants it most and will not fail their assigned mission."

is a pretty weak gameplan in which to place your hopes of victory.  Coaches/wrestlers sure spend a lot of time developing skills for them to be thrown out at crunch time.  You've still not supported your assertation of a Baylor victory with anything tangable.  Good luck to Baylor if the only thing they will have changed from the prior meeting is to "want it more".  Somehow, I think Shak, Yogi, and Morgan will have something more substantial for there wrestlers to use.

Key: At this level of wrestling... Attitude will win!!

Ask Dan Gable or even legman if the top contenders don't remain on top as a result of attitude. Am I wrong?

soms

Edited by Sommers