DII duals predictions

best_of_the_west

Other than Irishdad, doesn't anyone think Ryan has a legitimate shot? They have horses (Dunning, Hiller, Stark, Myers, Lomas) who are all state finalists. They have some quality kids who could pull minor upsets (Oddo, Mondelli, Clark, Mayo).

I just don't see this event has an all-Chattanooga final.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soms,

You are making the assumption Baylor will somehow be better prepared mentally than McCallie in the rematch????

That bucket certainly has holes.

Gordon had his wrestlers more mentally prepared in the last match. Jim will counter well this time around, and what happened the first time will amount to a measuring stick for adjustments for a state championship.

We'll see those adjustments in two days; although, I must admit my optimism is only fueling more fire and drive for the big blue.

Good luck to both programs and yes, I see an all Chattanooga final and Ryan and MBA brawling for third. Again, Ryan could easily take the tournament in about two weeks.

soms

PS on this: No one should be looking past MBA, Ryan and for that matter Chris Lewis is coming into this as the underdog and will have his CBHS guys prepared to knock some big dog down.

Edited by Sommers

Other than Irishdad, doesn't anyone think Ryan has a legitimate shot?  They have horses (Dunning, Hiller, Stark, Myers, Lomas) who are all state finalists.  They have some quality kids who could pull minor upsets (Oddo, Mondelli, Clark, Mayo).

I  just don't see this event has an all-Chattanooga final.

MillsHalf,

I have to agree. I think way too many people are looking past the Irish. There is a chance for an all Chattanooga final but I think the Irish and the Purple Wave both are planning on and will have something to say about that. Ryan may very well make it in with a few of those minor upsets and I know Coach Lewis and the boys from CBHS are looking to come in and take somebody out of the tournament earlier than they were expecting

Edited by WrestleSBA

I actually think that Ryan has very few holes (definitely 275). Like you said, they just don't match up well. I mean take Manson for instance. You wouldn't consider Mondelli a hole in the line up (I think he's ranked #2), but Manson could bump up to 135 and beat him. You also wouldn't consider Myers a hole, but Leen could bump up to 140 and beat him too. Baylor just has the right kids at the right weights to beat Father Ryan. Like y'all, I think Father Ryan would have a much better shot at McCallie.

btow - your theory lacks merit or substance.

"You wouldn't consider Mondelli a hole in the line up (I think he's ranked #2), but Manson could bump up to 135 and beat him" - since Cleveland has beaten Manson twice, wouldn't he be just as likely to defeat Mondelli as Manson?

"You also wouldn't consider Myers a hole, but Leen could bump up to 140 and beat him too." - if I'm not mistaken, Smith is ranked higher then Myers.

In which weight classes is FR favored over McC?

105 - McC has been forfeiting

114 - Dunning

127 - Hiller is favored but bonus points will be tough against Young

132 or 137 - whichever weight Cleveland is not in.

173 - Starks

191 - Lomas vs Rudolph edge to Lomas but watch out.

FR has to get at least 2 more wins because if it goes 7-7 McC scores more bonus points. Share with us the btow insight for which you've become so famous.