Next TSSAA Meeting

b-ball mania

So the 2A state champion in football would move down to 1A? Along with Trousdale and Alcoa perhaps...

Mitchell played in the 2A state title game two years ago and they would move down too. They have a top 20 sophomore in basketball nationally...

Was this really a victory for the small public schools?

The 2A schools lost 2 privates but gained a handful of better than average private schools...I doubt they are happy too?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no real way to tell specifically who will go where. The enrollment figures, according to TSSAA P.R. Guru Matt Gillespie, won't be gathered for another month or so.

I do think we can have a general idea of who will head to what class, but for some on the edge it's going to be close.

There's nothing about urban multipliers anywhere.

Even if they had decided to move all the privates to DII then these smaller 2A publics would still move down to 1A because there would no longer have been 5 classes in DI, probably 4. So either way this is what all the complaining has gotten these small 1A publics...they say this is what they want. But wait till Huntingdon and some of these other schools start winning a lot of titles and I bet the complaining will begin again.

Even if they had decided to move all the privates to DII then these smaller 2A publics would still move down to 1A because there would no longer have been 5 classes in DI, probably 4. So either way this is what all the complaining has gotten these small 1A publics...they say this is what they want. But wait till Huntingdon and some of these other schools start winning a lot of titles and I bet the complaining will begin again.

Huntingdon would have handed it to any of us in 1a with spades last year. They will do so again this next year and I dont see any reason for them to get worse. Milan was almost as good. Trousdale is always tough. Tyner has sent more kids to DI schools than any 10 other 1a schools. The schools that were getting pummelled will continue to get pummelled. The schools that had good programs will continue to have good seasons. The more things change the more thay stay the same.

Huntingdon would have handed it to any of us in 1a with spades last year. They will do so again this next year and I dont see any reason for them to get worse. Milan was almost as good. Trousdale is always tough. Tyner has sent more kids to DI schools than any 10 other 1a schools. The schools that were getting pummelled will continue to get pummelled. The schools that had good programs will continue to have good seasons. The more things change the more thay stay the same.

Forget that, I would put my money on Huntinton against any team in 3A and maybe 4A, all i know is the only game I saw them play was the State Championship and they looked great, unbelievablen team speed on both sides of teh ball. Great offensive attack, They will DESTROY any team in 1A no contest.