Mcminn Central loses to Loudon

chargerettefan

The count that everyone is referring to is the foul shot count. Loundon shot 34 foul shots and Central shot 4 foul shots. Central couldn't throw it in the ocean last night but the refereeing was extremely poor. The big girl would not have been as effective if the referees had called half of her walking violations. That is the travesty in the game today. Referees are not bad because they call too little or too many fouls. They are bad because they do not call the walking violation. One of the original laws of Mr. Naismith's game was that you have to dribble or pass the basketball in order to advance it. Referees, along with playgrounds and the NBA, have amended that law and soiled the game because of it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

atn301, I've never seen a ref worth a hoot in any game my daughter played in. Also its not up to me what games count on a record. As a parent most of us remember and count the McMinn Cental game. We as fans have no control in the records counting. Also I've seen some of the refs calling when my girls not playing, they do a much better job.

Johnny Morgan is McMinn Central's coach...Central is 30 points better than Loudon. They didn't play good defense, nor offense last night, and that's why they lost. Defense wins games, and they didn't play good defense until the last 2 minutes. They just did not show up to play, therefore they lost. I know that if they played them again, they would win by 30+, because Central is much better. It was just a bad night, all around, and they happen. Let's just hope that is the last time this season.

Good Luck Friday Chargers and Chargerettes!

atn301, Its a joke. The refs prob are very consistant. However as parents we have no perspective. My point is most fans think they always recieve the bad calls. Go to a game where you know nothing about either team and listen to the fans from both sides. Odds are that both side feel shafted, esp the parents. I however do not feel any ref has bad feelings toward any child on any court. They don't get paid enough to listen to some of the stuff they have to listen to, esp from many parents that don,t have a clue. Lighten up, OK.